chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

Glowy Makeup Routine



During the winter I prefer a semi matte finish with lots of neutral tones but during the summer months I look for super glowy and bronze skin. There is something about having radiant and tan skin during the hotter season that I adore. Recently my makeup routine has been exactly that. Today I thought I would share with you all my summer makeup routine.

Disclaimer:

I do not wear makeup every single day but when I do, this is most likely the outcome.


Skin Prep

This is a very important step to getting a natural and fresh face. Your makeup will only look as good as your skin underneath. Don't get me wrong, my skin is no where near perfect but I do try to look after it as much as possible. A couple pimples won't hurt but the smoother the base, the better.

I don't do too much when it comes to prep. I obviously wash my face in the morning and I moisturize. The only extra steps I have been taking lately has been using SPF and primer. A lot of the time I don't bother with primer but it does make a difference in the heat.

I have been using the Rimmel Lasting Perfection primer. It smooths out the skin and creates a long lasting base.


Foundation

When it comes to the foundation, I have been changing between two different methods. The main option is a mixture of two foundations to create a soft and natural base. I use a few swipes of the Revolution fast base stick foundation in F12 and a pump of Maybelline Super Stay in Warm Sun. The finish that you get from mixing the two is so beautiful. The revolution foundation is a dewy finish whilst the Maybelline is matte, creating the perfect balance.

The other option is to use any foundation with some moisturizer to make a tinted moisturizer/BB cream consistency. This is perfect for days where I want my skin to be evened out and cover where necessary. I usually use equal amounts of moisturizer and foundation.

Concealer

The concealer that I have been using is the Revolution conceal and define in the shade C8. It is FULL coverage and covers my dark circles. A little goes a long way in my opinion. I like to highlight between the brows, the bridge of my noses and chin. 

Powder

I don't have majorly oily skin however it does get oily during the summer, as you can imagine. To avoid my skin getting super greasy and creasing, I always dust a little powder over my face. In the day-time I just dust some Rimmel Stay Matte Powder all over my face however I sometimes bake under my eyes with some Airspun loose powder if I feel to. 

Left: Bronzer Topper
Middle: NYX Buttergloss in Madeline
Right: NYX Sandstorm Lipstick

Bronzer

To bronze my skin and add some warmth I have been using my Wet n Wild contour duo. I use the bronzer side on my forehead, cheekbones and my nose to balance everything. I am looking for new bronzers to try and hopefully I find the perfect shade, but this works for now. If I want that extra glow, I use the darkest shade in the Revolution Golden Sugar 2 Rose Gold Blush Palette as a bronzer topper. It looks beautiful when the light hits it.

Highlighter

I LOVE highlighter so this is always my favourite part when it comes to my glowy makeup routine. I have plenty of options but for this look in particular I gravitate to my gold shades. My favourite to use is the Maybelline Master Chrome Highlighter. I pretty much just go ham with it. I like to put it on my cheek bones, nose, above the brows and on the brow bone. I also like to highlight my cupids bow and chin. It sounds obsessive and unnecessary. You would be absolutely correct if you are thinking that.

Of course I always make sure to wear mascara and do my brows too.

Lips

Glossy lips are THE ISH during the summer. I think I am more of a gloss person over matte anyway but I love a glossy lip in the summer time. My current fave  lip combo is NYX Sandstorm with the NYX buttergloss in Madeline over the top. Sometimes I use Madeline alone too

So this is my general glowy skin routine. It's one of my favourite type of looks to do. When it comes to makeup I stick to quite natural makeup. Maybe I'll go more out of my comfort zone one day.

Thanks for reading,

Have a great day x


No comments

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)