chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

March Academic Goals


March is a BUSY month for me. Towards the end of February I had a bit of a panic because I had all these deadlines floating around my head. I wrote everything down, in order of priority at the end of February and that definitely took away some weight. Being able to visually see your tasks really helps to stay calm. Free life lesson there.

This month we have a decent amount of things to do, so I thought I would share my goals for March. I didn't have enough goals in February to write a post but this busy month makes up for it. Great for you guys, possibly not so much for me. Haha send help.

Anyway, here are my March Academic Goals!

Literature Review:

By the time this post goes up, this will have been finished and sent off. I had a literature review for my Discourse Analysis module. I find this module quite interesting but writing this assignment has been STRESSFUL. I had 4 days to write 1000 words on 2 articles. I'm honestly not expecting the best mark on this one. I'm just proud I got it in on time.

Case Study: 

I have a 2000 word Case Study due on April 5th for my Practical Application of Language Description Module. The deadline was originally March 14th but was pushed back to April. Hooray!
There is NO WAY I would have been able to do research and write the Case study in just 13 days. So when I got the email of the deadline change I could have screamed with Joy.
In the next few days I am aiming to plan the essay and roughly start an introduction of some sort.

Exam:

I have an exam for my language description module at the end of the month that I definitely thought I had more time to study for. Like I said, it is a BUSY month. I'm going to start making my flashcards next week and hopefully I can revise in bits. I definitely do not have time to have study days dedicated to this one exam, like I usually would, so my goal is to do bits of revision each day.

Sociolinguistics Project:

This module has the most interesting assignment of them all. I have to go to a local area in my city and take pictures of street art/signs. Once I have done that I have to answer some questions given to us about language and signs. I'm pretty sure it isn't due until April, but I need to take the pictures this month and start as soon as possible. This is the least overwhelming task on this list but it still requires time. I have scheduled time to take the pictures next week.

I have a lot of other things going on this month but they are not uni related. I'll be sure to reveal those things in my monthly round-up.

What is the most interesting assignment or project you have ever been given? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day x


8 comments

  1. Good luck with your goals, I hope you smash them xx

    GemmaEtc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all your goals and projects! You are so organized, it's incredible :) you''ll do great!

    ..sorry it took so long to return the comment love, life got chaotic
    -undoubtedlyyoung

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And girl don't worry, I totally understand. Life can throw curveballs x

      Delete
  3. Best of luck with your goals and work! I've always loved working on projects xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading posts like these, they always motivate me to work on my own! Hope you're able to achieve these and much more x
    Great post!
    Khanak x
    www.khanakm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really helpful to share them because it holds you accountable too. Hope you have a great month!

      Delete

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)