chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

The Ordinary Skin-care: Is it worth it?


Roughly two weeks after purchasing The Ordinary Serum Foundation - review here, I decided to give their skin care products a go. I was looking for new skin care bits to try, since I was getting a little bit bored of my regime, and I was intrigued by The Ordinary. The brand focuses on keeping the products as organic and high quality as possible, without the extortionate price tag. Sounds great to me! When my package arrived, I decided to spend at least 30 days using the products in order to see accurate results. I feel that it takes more time to see if a skin care product works for you.

Now that I have used the products consistently for a good period of time, I can give my honest thoughts on the products. Carry on reading if you want to know the final verdict. 

I purchased two products from The Ordinary (through Beauty Bay). I got the 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil and 100% Plant-Derived Hemi-Squalane. 

I chose to buy the Rose Hip Seed oil after reading my friend Humaira's blog post about the benefits of Rose Hip Seed oil. I had never heard of it before, but her post convinced me to include it in my routine. It was only £9 which is pretty decent for a pure oil. Organic products can be super expensive so I thought £9 was such a bargain. 

I chose to buy the Hemi-Squalene after reading the description on Beauty Bay. It sounded like a product I would really benefit from and was only £2.75! That's even cheaper than most products sold in Boots/Superdrug. Again, it's organic which really drew me to it. Although my skin rarely reacts badly to products, I am aware of the long-term damage that certain products can have on your skin due to chemicals.



Rose Hip Seed Oil

A pure blend of cold-pressed and organic rosehip oil which hydrates and supports healthy skin.
Rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids, rosehip oil is renowned for its anti-inflammatory and regenerative properties. This silky oil helps to calm redness, hydrate dry skin, treat scars and burns, brighten skin, and regenerate damaged tissue.
  • Rosehip - A naturally sourced hydrating oil, rich in Vitamins E and C, and fatty acids
I really love this product. Not only is the pipette fun to use, but I have noticed the difference it has made to my skin. My acne scars have faded tremendously since implementing this into my routine. Although I haven't suffered from terrible acne, I did have a phase in my early teen years of breaking out frequently. It often left scarring which was easily covered with makeup but would peak through after a couple hours. I didn't care too much about it but having clear skin is always a goal. I use it every other night before bed and sometimes in the morning. It feels super hydrating and isn't too greasy. Of course it's an oil so it isn't a dry product, however it isn't feel horrible on my skin or clog my pores. 

This product gives the nicest glow and radiance. It is expected, considering it is an oil, however it is a glow that stays throughout the day. I love to apply it in the morning on days when I'm not wearing any makeup, or just before makeup as it makes my base a little more dewy. 

A lot of people who reviewed this product complained about the smell, which I was worried about but actually it's not awful. It just smells like an oil. Due to it being organic, there are no fragrances in this product, so it smells like a natural oil. Definitely doesn't bother me. 

Overall I would give this product 4 out of 5 stars. 

Hemi-Squalene 

A hydrating face and hair oil.
Say hello to supple skin. As a non-comedogenic, natural emollient, 100% Plant-Derived Hemi-Squalene is ideal for soothing a dry or lacklustre complexion. This ultra-nourishing and lightweight oil absorbs quickly into the skin, delivering an intense moisture boost and increasing elasticity for a smooth, plump finish. Due to its spreadability and dry-after feel, the formula is also perfect for achieving sleek, frizz-free tresses.
I was super confused about the description of this product at first. Beauty Bay describe it as a 'lightweight oil' but then give a disclaimer that it is oil free. I purchased it regardless, as I have dry/combination skin and my skin isn't phased by oil products. I can confirm that it is more of a serum than an oil. It dries super quick and leaves no oily residue at all. This is a product intended for your face and hair, however I used it for other purposes. I didn't try it on my hair since I have 4C hair, and products like this tend to do absolutely nothing for me. I did however try it as a hyrdrator for my feet and neck. My feet get really dry very easily and I thought I could give this a go as an extra product to go with a regular lotion. It actually worked fairly well. Nothing miraculous but it did the job. A few drops was enough and I use this before bed. I also tried it on my neck as I often neglect my neck in terms of skin care. I figured I would try to bring some moisture back with this serum alongside my moisturizer. 

Overall I would give this product 3.5 out of 5 stars. It was a nice product, it just didn't do anything ground-breaking. It was less than £3 though, so really cannot complain. 

The packaging of The Ordinary skin care products are so sleek. I really loved the luxury feel of the glass bottles. It makes doing my skin care routine so much more enjoyable. 

I definitely think it is worth the money and I want to try other products from The Ordinary, in the future. They have a great variety of products for so many purposes. 

Have you tried The Ordinary Skincare products? What is your favourite product from the brand? Let me know in the comments. 

Thanks for reading, 
Have a great day x 

7 comments

  1. I loooove the rosehip :) I haven't tried the squalene but do have it combined with the retinol and they balance each other out nicely. Can imagine that on its own it probably isn't the most life-changing thing ever though!

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to try the Retinol. I hear such good reviews on it x

      Delete
  2. Thank you for reading Khunbow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful article, thanks for putting this together! This is obviously one great post. Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here.
    obagi clenziderm therapeutic lotion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. yoni pearls for infertility

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)