chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

August Round-Up 2020


It's the last day of the month, which means it's time for a monthly round-up. I'm so excited that August is over because September is my birthday month! I got up to some fun things in the month of August, so if you want to know all about it, just keep reading. 


F A M I L Y     T R I P    T O    G L O U C E S T E R 

One of the highlights of my month was going on a family trip to Gloucester for a few days. We wanted to have a change of scenery after being stuck in lock-down for months. Usually we would be in America at this time of year for our summer holiday but with everything going on, we didn't think it was a good idea to still travel abroad. Of course the government have given the go ahead for flights to certain countries, however we chose not to go anywhere outside of the UK. It was quite nice to do a staycation, as we haven't done one in years. You really do forget about how beautiful your own country can be, when you venture out. We stayed to ourselves and social distanced during the whole trip and of course wore masks when walking around the hotel and out in public. I didn't feel unsafe at any point and the hotel staff were pretty good at making everyone feel comfortable. We went for walks because the hotel had acres of land, went shopping, ate out for the first time in months and just genuinely had a great time. 


C A T C H - U P S 

This is the first month that I've started to get back to "normal" life. I mean as normal as it can be with masks and lots of hand sanitizer. I had a few catch ups with friends sporadically throughout the month, which was lovely. Believe it or not I only used the eat out to help out scheme like three times during the whole month and that's such an achievement because I tend to spend way too much money on food. It was lovely to catch up with some uni friends I haven't seen in what feels like forever, and friends that I haven't been able to see as often as usual. I got the bus for the first time in August and it wasn't as scary as I had imagined haha. I was pretty nervous about using public transport.  I'm excited for when I can actually hug my friends and not have restrictions. Hopefully soon. 


P L A N N I N G     M Y       B I R T H D A Y 

As I mentioned in the intro, September is my birthday month and I'm turning 21. Honestly I'm so excited because it has been a pretty rough year right? I feel like my birthday gives me an excuse to treat myself and make up for lost time with friends. With the social distancing measures put in place, doing one big celebration is pretty difficult so I've arranged plans with my different groups of friends and family throughout the month. Usually I only celebrate my birthday for two days (one for family and one for friends), however this year my birthday is basically most of the month and I'm not complaining. I've been making plans and bookings towards the end of August, which has been a little stressful but hopefully worth it. I have my dress which is so beautiful and I can't wait to wear it! The places are booked and there's only a couple things left to do, Make sure to read September's round-up to hear how it goes. 


B E D R O O M     P R E P A R A T I O N S 

Turning 21 means transforming my childhood bedroom so it's more age appropriate. This has been WAY overdue and I'm very excited for the change. I haven't had my bedroom decorated since I was 9-years old and everyday I see Hannah Montanna, pink walls and a Bratz bin desperate to get rid of it. At last the decorator has been booked and I've been making preparations. I'm still shopping around for a new wardrobe and mattress but I've picked my paint colours and he is due to start in 2 weeks. Things have been a little chaotic and busy when it comes to this but I'm sure everything will come together soon enough. I'm hoping the whole room will be done by October, if not November. 


W A X     A P P O I N T M E N T

I was due a wax the week before the country went into lockdown, however I was already self isolating due to being at a dance competition in Loughborough. I wasn't showing symptoms but I thought it was the safest thing to do since there were hundreds of people. When we went into lockdown and I realised I couldn't get a wax for goodness knows how long, you can imagine how annoyed I was. I usually get waxed every 4 weeks so you can imagine the stress of not knowing when the next one would be. It's safe to say that I was suffering tremendously in that department. I shave my legs and underarms but wax elsewhere, so at least the visible were fine I guess. After 5 months I was finally able to go and I was so relieved and happy. I felt so fresh and like a brand new woman. Everything was COVID friendly. Of course it's pretty much impossible to social distance when being waxed but the salon was very clean, the Esthetician sanitized before and after (they did that anyway even before COVID), she wore gloves when doing the waxing and we both wore masks all the way through the appointment. Again, I didn't feel unsafe at all and I'm confident that I'll be fine for future appointments too. 


C E L E B R A T I O N    M E A L 

My little brother got his GCSE results this month and he did so well. He was a little bit nervous because of the circumstances of not doing the exams due to the virus and not knowing what his grades would be based off. It then didn't help when we saw the A-level situation the week prior. Luckily, he got what he wanted and we are so proud of him. We went out for dinner to celebrate and acknowledge the achievement. Both my siblings are now out of school and it's so crazy. I love being a big sister and moments like this make me love it even more. He'll be off to sixth form next week and I hope he gets the experience he deserves, after everything that has happened this year.


So that is my August round-up! Lots of fun and eventful things. Did you guys use the eat out to help out scheme this month? Let me know in the comments.


Thanks for reading,

Have a great day x

12 comments

  1. It sounds like you've had a great month! Have a Happy Birthday Month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great month! :) It must be so nice to start having more interactions with friends and loved ones.

    Hope you have a lovely September too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been lovely to finally have human interaction outside of my household haha. Thanks for reading Shirsha

      Delete
  3. Ohh! Hope you have an amazing birthday month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a really great month! It's nice to be able to do a few more 'normal' things again isn't it. Hope you have a great birthday!

    https://www.femaleoriginal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully things will be even more normal soon enough. Thank you Faye

      Delete
  5. Nice things that happened last month for you and congratulations to your brother. Do have a great month and have a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chelle wishing you the best birthday month and beautiful moments ahead to your young adulthood life. Your August looked lovely it's good that you enjoyed it with your loved ones close to you may all the enjoyable moments continue in you life. Thank you for sharing take care.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)