chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

Life Update - May 2021

Hey guys! 

Over the last few months I've been pretty inconsistent over on this side of the internet. Apologies for that, but allow me to explain...

So....I FINISHED UNIVERSITY! OK, if you follow me on Instagram this is absolutely no news to you, but if you don't (which you can if you want to - @chelle._babes), then that is the ultimate reason for my absence. Final year takes up pretty much all your time, and even more so when it's the only thing you have lined up in your diary during a global pandemic. My third year has been very different to the previous two and I'll be sure to go into that in my last series of uni experience posts. I can't believe they're the last ones already! For those of you who are new here, each year I like to share my university experience, in a series of blog posts, going into my course, social life, finances and accommodation. Despite the very different experience this year has been, I have no plans to miss out on the final set, so look out for those at some point. I haven't planned exactly when they'll go up but definitely later into the summer time. 


I have been documenting my third year over on Instagram stories and it's so sad that we've ended an era. I feel like I'm going to need to rebrand myself haha. On a serious note though, thank you to everyone who watched my uni update stories and sent me encouragement all the way through it. I started doing them as a form of accountability. I gathered that if I shared exactly what I planned to do during my day and what some of goals were with the internet, I'd have no choice but to do it. It actually worked! If I'm being honest, I assumed most people just tapped away and didn't care that much, but I've had some really kind messages since starting them, telling me I motivated them to get stuff done or that they enjoyed seeing them. It was a shock to know people genuinely liked them and I'm grateful for that. My undergrad experience has ended but I'm yet to end student life. I'll be doing an extra year (at a different university), doing my PGCE to be a qualified teacher. I don't have any plans to document that in the same way I did with my English degree, however I'm sure I'll share some fun teacher life storytimes when they arise (kids are wild so I'm sure there will be plenty). 


Another update I have, which I realised I am yet to share on here is that I will no longer be blogging after September 2021. I shared the news on Chelle Belle's 5th anniversary, over on other socials but somehow forgot the blog itself (typical). It has been 5 years since I started this page, and I'm beyond grateful for everything it has become and has done for me. When I started, I was a 16-year old girl, studying her GCSEs and now I'm about to train so I can help kids to do the same. How crazy is that?! In five years I've grown and flourished into a young woman (still don't consider myself an adult though). Although my love for writing hasn't changed, I feel as though I have, and as a result I've outgrown this page. I thought about doing a total rebrand, but if I'm being honest, I would like to venture into new hobbies and see what else is out there to be passionate about. As a 21-year old (almost 22 now *vomits*), there is so much out there to do and I'm excited to close this chapter and begin a new one. I have a lot of posts planned for the summer time though, so this isn't goodbye yet. 


I chose September as the end since that is my birthday month when I'll turn 22 and when I also begin my PGCE course. It just seems like the right time. This page will still stay up as I love reading old posts back and it would hurt to disable the whole page. So when September comes, if you ever feel like being nostalgic, Chelle Belle will still be around. 


I guess the only thing left to say is that new posts will be coming soon. Like I've said, I have some ideas in mind. I'm not going to promise weekly posts because I want to be outside as much as possible this summer (we've all been at home long enough), but definitely more regular than I have been recently. 


I've talked enough about myself. What's new with you guys? Let me know in the comments.


Thanks for reading,

Have a great day x 




No comments

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)