chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

The WORST 2010s Fashion Trends


I don't really do fashion posts on this blog because I wouldn't consider myself to be all that fashionable, however I thought I would make an exception here since today we are going to talk about BAD fashion phases most of us raised in the 2010s, unfortunately wore. This was inspired by a YouTube video I came across, that was talking about how fashion recycles itself every 20 years or so, and today's aesthetics are inspired by the early 2000s and also the 70s. It got me thinking about how much I DREAD the day 2010s fashion comes full circle. So this post is going to be a deep dive into the wardrobes of 2010s teens. Let's cringe together shall we. 

Disclaimer: If you still wear any of these things, please don't be offended. Feel free to wear whatever makes you feel the most confident! These are just not for me and I won't be participating when the trend returns.

I'll mainly be talking about women's fashion, but I'll make some honorable mentions for men too.

Also, this is based on what trended in the UK. 


1. MOUSTACHES 

What was up with that? We had a ridiculous obsession with moustaches back in the day. Leggings, T-shirts, Tattoos...












2. FLOWER CROWNS 

There's nothing wrong with the flower crown itself, but where the cringe comes is that we wore them anywhere and everywhere. It's perfectly ok to wear a flower crown to a music festival but we were just chilling in Tesco....

I blame Vanessa Hudgens for making us think everyday was a Coachella fashion show. 




















3. PAUL'S BOUTIQUE

I did a little google search to see if they were still in business, and surprisingly they are! They've done a total revamp and look a bit like Kate Spade. Back in my day (lol as if I'm old), they were NOT cute. We thought they were though. Every day I thank both Jesus and my mum for never letting me have a bag from there. I got a fake one though so maybe that's worse. Anyways....
They are possibly the worst bags I have ever seen, yet we all wanted one. And the jackets were really something too.









4. CRACKLE NAILS 

For the love of God, can we never bring this back? PLEASE. There are so many interesting and cute designs, but this isn't one of them










5. GALAXY PRINT 

If this was brought back in a subtle way, maybe I would consider BUT if we're talking full blown purple galaxy print like back in 2012...no thanks 












6. LEGGINGS UNDER DRESSES OR SKIRTS

I don't know who to blame for this but there needs to be a scapegoat. Cher Lloyd? Ashley Tisdale? Hannah Montana? (The character because Miley dressed somewhat well). This trend was just....I have no words.












7. THE FIRE TOP

When I say fire top, I don't mean drip, I mean FLAMES. Did you really attend a school disco unless you saw a boy sliding on his knees with this top on? I don't think so












8. IDEK - WEDGE TRAINERS?

Whatever these are, they're awful. Are you a trainer or a heeled wedge? Make up your mind ma'am












9. AZTEC 

Today we have Cow print and Zebra print but then we had Aztec. Kinda hope that doesn't come back. I have a feeling it will though












10. THE RIHANNA T-SHIRT

Rihanna is a beautiful woman, so I have no issues with seeing her face on a t-shirt, however the way this one was printed was just so....meh. Like it's literally a square in the centre, with nothing else. Composition is important. Also it was just a little random. Like out of the blue, men specifically were just rocking a white tee with riri's face. Ok cool I guess?












11. BEANIES

Again, I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing a beanie but for me it's about time and place. We were rocking these in the SUMMER TIME. Why? Also, they were usually in wild colours or had cringe slogans over it. I'm ashamed that I was a part of the swag batch. I absolutely refuse to share those selfies on here. 

Honourable mention to YOLO snapbacks too. Thanks Drake. 












12. BRA TOPS

This is a trend that for the most part has stuck around. I'm not into it and never will be. The whole idea of basically wearing a bra outside is just so odd to me. I can deal with crop tops but to a certain point. If it starts reaching under garment territory, it's not going in my basket. Ain't nobody seeing my goodies in public. No ma'am 












13. CAMO PRINT 

I was definitely involved in this trend. Camo print took the world by storm in like 2014/15. It wasn't uncommon to see a camo jogger and crop top combo on non-uniform day (guilty). I still like camo print but in a more subtle way. I think the camo co-ords are a lot. Also, shoutout to the people who used to make jokes about their friends being invisible or naked. 












14. ONESIES 

I had several onesies but I never left my house in one. I saw GROWN MEN, out in onesies and that memory is slightly triggering. Not sure why. We were really convinced by the fashion industry that we weren't buying an adult baby grow. We definitely were. 












15. BEADED JEWELLERY 

This one here. THIS ONE HERE. Triggering. I was CEO of the company. CEO of beaded jewellery. I say that as if I'm proud. Let me reassure you, I am not. Beaded jewellery was my ish. I made them, bought them, wore them. I look back at pictures and internally cry. I mean making them was fun, I'll give it that BUT wearing them was a mistake. HUGE mistake. What is even worse is that I have been seeing beaded and chunky jewellery coming back alongside the Y2K aesthetic. I cannot. 
















I had a lot of fun roasting these fashion trends, and hopefully you cringed with me. If you want me to do a beauty edition with makeup trends, or lifestyle edition talking about challenges and stuff, let me know. 

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day x

2 comments

  1. This post had me feeling so nostalgic about the 2010s! I completely forgot about the whole 'moustache trend'...how odd was that?! Thanks for sharing such a fun post :) x

    https://www.femaleoriginal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope that phase doesn’t make a comeback haha. Thanks for reading!

      Delete

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)