chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

September Academic Goals


I started back at sixth form on Monday and it's super crazy to me that this time next year I'll be getting ready to move out and go to university. Year 12 was a bit of a rollercoaster (in positive and negative ways) but it has also taught me a lot. The mistakes I made, I've learnt from and I'm ready for a good year.

Today I thought I'd tell you my goals for this academic month . Goals keep us focused and striving so I wanted to make sure I know exactly what I am aiming for. I thought I could make this into some sort of series because not only does it help me to visually see my aspirations but it can also be interesting for you guys to read.

1) Keep on top of workload

I've only been back at school for a week and we've already been given a bunch of deadlines to meet this term. I want to make sure that I keep on top of everything as much as possible. I definitely need to get back into the swing of things as I've been feeling super tired after school and my pace when working after school has been a lot slower because of it.

2) Finalise my personal statement

Our personal statements are all due to be finished and uploaded to UCAS by the end of this month and I want to make sure that it is done. I've been back and fourth with my mentor getting improvements and feedback. I can't wait until it finally gets the complete stamp of approval and I can upload it.

3) Finish my first draft for English coursework

My first piece is due in October so I want to get my first draft some what finished by the end of this month. I've created a plan and its just a case of putting it into action.

4) Adapt to my EPQ

I finished the overall draft of my EPQ last year, however I need to make some improvements and start my presentation this term. Our complete deadline is the end of term one, so I don't have much time. I want to start the improvements as soon as I can.

5) Create my UCAS account

We haven't created our accounts yet as there is certain information we are waiting to receive, however this month my account will be all ready and set up for the year.

6) Buy a Planner

Last year we were given planners by our sixth form and it came in much better use than the one that I bought, so I didn't buy one this year, thinking we would get another from our sixth form. However we won't be receiving one this year, so I need to purchase one ASAP.

So those are my goals for September. Hopefully I can be successful. Do you have any goals for the month?

I hope you enjoyed reading.

Thanks for reading,

Have a great day x


2 comments

  1. Using a planner is the best thing I've ever done to help me stay organised x I'm sure you'll find it useful xx Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)