chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

US Makeup Haul



I'm back!! I got back from my holiday 2 days ago and I've been so tired and trying to get used to the regualat time zone but I still wanted to write for you guys. 

Today I'm doing a US makeup haul. This is all drugstore products. I did go to Sephora (which was magical by the way) but ended up deciding not to get anything, however I went to Target and Walgreens and found a few little drugstore gems that are so hyped up on YouTube anf by beauty bloggers that I had to get them. In total I think I spent $41 on all the products. Enjoy! 

Coty Airspun Loose Powder

If you've read my US beauty wishlist, you will know that this product was actually featured in that post. I've been wanting to get my hands on this for sooo long and I finally did! I did spend more than I should have but I wanted it so bad that I just got it anyway. It usually retails for about $7 but I paid 
$9! I got it from the walgreens right next to my hotel, which was probably a mistake. The prices of pretty much everything in there was higher than usual since its such a torristy area, so the prices were bunked up. I've been told that walgreens is one of the most expensive drugstores too but I'm glad it was in stock.
I havent had chance to use it yet but I opened it and it smells INCREDIBLE. It smells really fresh and has a cute little poof inside. Definitely excited to try it out.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (Translucent)

This was also on my wishlist. I managed to pick up the Rimmel stay matte powder for $4 at Target. I got it in translucent as all the other shades are way too light for me, and I've hit pan BAD on my current pressed powder. I have used this once already but it was for an evening out and I only wore it for a few hours so I'll have to give it a proper test when I wear it all day.

Wet N' Wild MegaGlo Contouring Palette (Caramel Toffee)

This wasn't on my wishlist, however after hearing Amy Macedo on YouTube rave about it and use it in her tutorials, I thought I'd give it a go. I mainly got it for the banana shade as I don't own a yellow toned powder and she seems to love this one. Although she isn't my shade, they had more than one shade available so I went for Caramel Toffee.Again, I haven't tried this yet but I can't wait to give it a go. From swatching it, first impressions is that its very silky feeling but also powdery. I don't know if they're all like this or if I got a bad one but its sooo hard to open. I broke a nail trying to get it open and everytime I open it, I have to use the back of my tweezers to push it up. 

Maybelline Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter (Molten Gold 100)

I am a highlighter enthusiast. Ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you. I like to glow, its just my thing. When I saw this highlighter in Target I just had to get it. It looks STUNNING and I couldn't pass by without it going straight in my basket. I kid you not, when I swatched it in my hotel room, I was gobsmacked. I can already tell that this is going to be my new go to. The formula is INCREDIBLE and it looks gorgeous. I have tried this and its insane. I tried it on a no makeup makeup day and it looks so stunning. It goes on like glitter but seconds later just transforms into this dewy, wet looking beauty. Its actually crazy how good this is. I only paid $7.99 for it but I would totally spend $17.99. Its basically a high end product with a drugstore price. YOU NEED IT IN YOUR LIFE.

ELF Makeup Mist & Set (Clear)

I put this in my wishlist post because I've never tried setting spray before and didn't want to spend a crazy amount of money before knowing if I even like using one. I've heard some fairly decent reviews on this one which was only $3 so I decided to try it. I've only used it once but again, I only had it on for a few hours so I can't say much. What I will say though is that i'm not a fan of the actual spray bottle. It comes out really harsh and makes your face super wet and I had to use a beauty sponge to pat it in.

NYX HD Studio Photogenic Concealer (Biege) 

I ended up purchasing this concealer because I've heard great reviews on it and it was super inexpensive. It was like $4 which is incredible, especially when its NYX. I got it in the shade biege which will be the perfect highlight shade for my normal skin tone, however I am SUPER tan and bronze right now so I won't be able to try it until I go back to normal. Hopefully it works for me as I've heard great things about nyx face products. 

Victoria's Secret Liquid Colour (Femme) 

Finally, I picked up this liquid lipstick from the bowls they keep near the cashiers in Victoria's Secret. I was shopping in there with my mum and they had a bunch of liquid lipsticks in heaps of colours for only $5! I saw this colour in particular and really liked it. I have worn this and its really nice. It doesn't dry down matte like I thought it would, its very glossy but I like glosses regardless. The pigmentation is great and it feels and smells really nice.I will definitely get some wear out of this. 

So those are the products I got in America! I hope you enjoyed this kind of haul.

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day x


2 comments

  1. The Maybelline highlighter looks stunning! You picked up some great stuff and I can't wait to hear more about them x Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is beautiful! You'll definitely be hearing more about them😉

      Thanks for reading hun x

      Delete

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)