chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

"Men Are Trash" and "Women Are Trash"




It has been a long time since I've done a post like this. Just getting to write about whatever has sprung to mind and share my thoughts on a topic. I'm not going to lie, I've been wanting to do another one for a long time but I couldn't think of a topic that would A) Be interesting to read and B) Be interesting to write. However, I FINALLY got inspired after scrolling through Twitter and here we are!

"#_______ARE TRASH". How many times do you hear this a day? A lot right? I don't know how it started or who started it but it seems to be everywhere. Men are trash, women are trash, pineapples on pizza are trash- which is totally not true by the way, is an opinion plastered all over social media.

Now let me admit. I have used the very line "Men are trash". Yup. Guilty. But not taken literal. I don't think it is true at all and I'm going to tell you why.

Like I said, I've used it before. It's been implemented into Rochelle's book of vocabulary, but I've never used it with the mind set that it's ACTUALLY true. Whenever I've seen a funny meme about stupid things boys have done/said, I've used it. When a boy says something stupid TO me I've used it. Notice how I keep saying boy? That will be important later. 
Whenever I've used it, I've made sure to make it clear that it's banter. I don't believe that men are trash and I obviously don't believe that women are either.

Here is exactly what I DO think.

First of all. God doesn't create trash. It would be a complete insult to God to say that women are trash or that men are trash. He created us with consideration and made us in his image, so how is it even possible for men and women to be trash? Would he even have bothered to create all of us if he didn't think we were special? We're all here for a reason. Whether you believe in God or not, EVERYONE at least believes that each of us has a purpose. Surely. We all have beautiful talents, skills and characters to offer to the world. Well when you think of trash, the connotations are waste, worthless, useless etc. and that is not us. Everything we do, say and are is purposeful.

Now, I'm going to go back a bit. Remember I said to take note of the use of "boy"? We're going to talk about that right now.
What is the difference between a man and a boy, beside physical features? Maturity. During the transition from a boy to a man, there is a development of maturity. Being able to make rational decisions, learn right from wrong, treat others with respect. It all comes under having maturity. Same goes for women. From girls to women, there needs to be maturity. Growth and change. So wouldn't that explain everything?
Men aren't trash. Women aren't trash. It's just boys that aren't yet men and girls who aren't yet women. MEN know how to respect others, pursue women the correct way, how to be responsible. WOMEN know how to take care of themselves, respect others and be nurturing. Girls and Boys do not always have these qualities. In fact, most don't. Those people that do others wrong and are disrespectful may not even have the maturity to be classed as men and women.

Another thing to remember is that everyone makes mistakes. Nobody is perfect. I'm definitely not condoning being unfaithful, however I've heard way too many women call men trash for doing one thing wrong. We all make mistakes and we should be able to learn from them.

I hope you get where I'm coming from.

What are your thoughts on this subject? Let me know any other things you want to hear from me.

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day x



No comments

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)