chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

My Top 6 Beauty Tips



I was inspired by Lauren Victoria a fellow blogger (that you should totally be following) to write about some beauty tips that I follow. She did a post called 10 Beauty Tips I Swear By and I enjoyed it so much that I thought I would share some of mine too! I have only been into makeup and beauty for about three years but in those three years I have experienced the good, the bad and the ugly. If you know me, you know my glow up was REAL. I definitely had an awkward phase haha and leading up to my love for beauty I have experimented tons.

I've made mistakes, I've been in denial of some of those mistakes, but I've also found what suits me and what needs to be a part of my beauty routine. So without further ado, here are my top 6 beauty tips.

1: Drinks Lots of Water!!

You're probably giving the dirtiest look right now but I'm telling you, its so important. Its one of the most cliché pieces of advice but will always be relevant. Water makes EVERYTHING better. Your skin, hair, body, mind. EVERYTHING. When I don't drink enough water in the day I definitely notice the effects. I feel more tired, my skin is so much more dry etc. Water is key. SO DRINK IT!

2: Wash your Face at least Twice a day

I know the feeling of not wanting to get out of bed when you go to fall asleep and realise you still have your makeup on. I know the feeling of being too exhausted to do anything let alone your skin care routine but YOU MUST cleanse your skin. Not cleansing your skin or taking off your makeup can lead to acne and build up of bacteria. Make sure to wash your face every morning because you actually sweat in your sleep and even resting on your pillow for 6+ hours will cause a build up of germs. At night, I know it is tempting just to grab a makeup wipe and be done but makeup wipes actually only take off dirt/makeup from the surface of your skin and you need to go deeper. Try to attempt cleansing your skin every night, even if you don't do any other part of your skin care routine.

3: Do your tail first

One of my favourite parts of doing my makeup are my brows. I have been experimenting LOTS when it comes to brows over the years. Shape, colour, products, you name it. I have found one tip I will ALWAYS live by. Outline your brows as you usually would, but when it comes to filling them in, start at the tail. By doing the ends of your brows first, you're left with only a small amount of product left on the brush. This makes feathering out the front and making hair-like strokes so much easier and it looks so much more natural. I don't remember where I found this technique or when but all I know is that ever since I have been doing it, my brow game has got so much stronger!

4: Use Foundation to carve the brows

Another brow trick I have is to use foundation to carve them out. Most people use a light concealer to carve out their brows but I'm not a huge fan of the highlighted look. It often just looks way too harsh and unblended. I only really carve out my brows if I have a full face of makeup on but when I do, I like to use the foundation that I am using that day. That way my brows look neat and clean but don't look too much. If you struggle with brows, definitely give this a go.

5: Highlight in circular motions

This is more of a recent technique that I have picked up but I know I'll definitely stick with it. I used to apply my highlighter straight onto my cheekbones in an up down sort of C shape but after a while, I noticed that it looked really harsh and unblended so I decided to try a new technique. I pick up the highlighter on my brush but instead of sweeping up and down, I start just above the apples of my cheeks and I use circle motions in a C shape. It looks so much more skin-like and blended. I have even been getting more compliments on my highlight since doing it, so clearly its working out.

6: LET YOUR SKIN BREATHE

This is one of those tips that I think is super important and kind of essential. Make sure you let your skin breathe. Not only from makeup, but skin care products too. By applying too many products on your skin and often, you can clog your pores. Have days where you wear no makeup or as little products as possible. I used to do a full face of makeup just to wear in my house all day (still guilty of this sometimes) but now I prefer just to wear moisturiser when I'm chilling at home. Even as I write this, I only have moisturiser on. I have had makeup on all week so today is my day to let my skin breathe. Let it replenish and heal itself after a week or few days.

What are your top beauty tips?

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day x


1 comment

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)