chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

December Round-up 2019

My hair was a hot mess by that point in the night haha

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS! Can't believe it's actually a whole new decade.....wow. First blog post of the year, we're going to take a look back at December 2019. It was quite a jam packed month and it is the final round-up of 2019. When this goes up, I will be chilling in Portugal....not a bad start to 2020 aye? Anyways, here is my December Round-up. ENJOY!

L O T S    O F    U N I    W O R K

December was such a busy month in terms of academic life. In fact it was so busy that I completely forgot to share my academic goals for that month. Don't worry though, that will be my next post for January.
On December 3rd I had an exam for my psychology and communication module. I was so nervous for that test because I struggled with that module. There was so much content that it was pretty overwhelming. I actually left the exam unsure of how well I did. I wasn't very confident at all. Turns out I passed with a 2:1. I'm still TOTALLY shocked by that but obviously extremely happy.
I was insanely stressed about my Ethics Form hand in, for December 6th for my literature module, but I got it in on time and it has FINALLY been approved. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty stressed out about this assignment because I now only have a couple weeks to get it done and submitted. As of now, my word count is 173/3000....PRAY FOR ME.
On December 13th I had my final assignment of the semester deadline. I managed to submit it the day before and was pretty happy with it. This is the only assignment this semester that I have submitted with somewhat confidence, so lets hope I get a good grade.


C H R I S T M A S   M O T I V E S

First Christmas party of the year was actually the same day I finished the semester, which instantly put me in the party mood. It was a great time. I told myself I'd be home by midnight but I ended up getting home at 3am. It's a miracle that I managed to get up for work the next day.

This year Aston Dance Club had our own Christmas dinner at Revolution Bar. We had lots of fun drinking cocktails and dancing the night away. It was a lot of fun and put me in a bit more of a festive mood.


B R E A K I N G   U P   F O R   C H R I S T M A S

I broke up for Christmas on December 6th, although it didn't feel like I had finished the semester while I still had an assignment due the week after. The Christmas break has been well needed, so of course I took the liberty of having a lie in that weekend. I actually have 3 more weeks before I need to go back to university, so I'm going to use the time to finish assignments but also rest as much as possible before second semester begins.


R E F L E C T I O N

December consisted of plenty of reflection on the year. I always like to take time out to look back at all the memories 2019 brought. The good, the bad and the ugly. It's important to remember ALL the events that helped to bring you to where you are and where you're going. Whether it's good or bad, they're apart of your story and we shouldn't neglect chapters just because it's not what we pictured. It's all important for the story's build up. I'm so grateful for 2019. It wasn't anything how I imagined but I wouldn't change a thing. It taught me so many things, made me realise my potential and put me in a good position to go into 2020 with clear goals and aspirations.

So that was the final roundup of 2019! Can't believe that's 12 round-ups all done already. Here's to greater things!

What did you get up to in December? Leave me a comment down below.

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day x





10 comments

  1. It's always great to have reflection posts like this to look back on! Well done on a successful semester at uni - don't worry about that deadline, I was the worst at leaving everything till the last minute and I made it through! If I can do it, anyone can! Hope you have a great 2020 :) x

    Hannah | whathannahwrote.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hannah! Uni always gets me stressed but I actually made it a goal for this year to relax more. Hopefully I can achieve that

      Delete
  2. Ahh going back to university was always the worst LOL!! You got this girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm enjoying this break for as long as possible

      Delete
  3. Wow it sounds like you had a busy month! I used to hate having to revise and do uni work over the Christmas break, its meant to be a BREAK right haha? I'm sure you will smash uni in 2020! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting a 2:1 in your exam!! Going back to uni after a break(especially when you have to write exams when you get back) also gets me so stressed but I’m trying to learn to give myself break when I need one. Have a fantastic 2020!!

    Karen| thekcomponent.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. My number 1 goal for 2020 is to relax more x

      Delete
  5. I had a wonderful Christmas with my hubby and friends. I was so busy with work and all the holiday activities that I didn't get a chance to write any blog posts. Glad that you're chillin in Portugal. You deserve a little vacay after all the work you did last year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you had a good Christmas! I hope you have wonderful new year xx

      Delete

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)