chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

Dear 2019


Dear 2019,

You're only a few hours away now and I'm ready for you. Not because 2018 was awful but because it prepared me for what you have to offer. Every year, I have a theme for the year. My theme for 2018 was 'LOVE' but my theme for you is 'GROWTH'. I experienced a lot of growth this year, and I know you will continue to bring growth to my life. You see, I have no major expectations for you, which is what already makes you special. I have no idea what challenges I may come across and what amazing things are to come, but what I do know is that it will all lead me to purpose. As I was publishing 'Dear 2018', Excited by Jonathan McReynolds started playing on Spotify and it perfectly described how I feel about you. I know God will use you to bring so much Joy and Lessons. I'm ending this year with Jeremiah 29:11(NIV) on my heart. It says 'For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'. I plan to begin my journey with you, with this same scripture.

Recently, I was looking through my 2018 journal, looking back at all the memories I documented. It made me wonder what wonderful things I would be reminded of, this time next year. I wondered what person I will become when you're over. It's a scary but exciting thought. There is so much to look forward to already. The places I will go, the things I will do. God has already written this chapter, and there are 365 pages.

In 2019, I begin my 20s. Not only is that kind of mind blowing to me but realising that was a bit of a wake up call to 'get my life together'. I say that in quotations because I don't mean have everything figured out. I'll be turning 20, so still SUPER young. I'm not in any way expecting to have life planned and sorted at that age. However I think your 20s is possibly the most common era for change. People start getting married, starting families and build their careers in their 20s. By starting it healthily, it will set me up for a bright future. For that reason, I have really thought about general things I want from you.

I hope you give me opportunities to get out of my comfort zone. I love my little bubble of comfort but it doesn't stimulate any growth or form of development. I want you to push me to try new things, meet new people and just generally say yes to amazing opportunities that I probably said no to in 2018.

I hope you bring me peace of mind. That I won't overthink and trap myself in a box of anxiety. That I'll trust God with all my mind and soul. That I'll stay true to myself and KNOW that I'm an incredible human being, no matter what others may believe.

I pray that I have the best support system around me and that I can lift myself up whenever I face a challenge.

I hope I break bad habits and introduce good habits that will make me the woman I want to become.

So, 2019 I can't wait to meet you.

Love, Rochelle



No comments

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)