chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

Beauty Gurus I Trust


The YouTube beauty community has had its fair share of scandals over the last few years. From racist pasts surfacing and bloated egos to unacceptable quality, product releases. Despite that, we can't help but love watching makeup tutorials and beauty videos. For me personally, I find beauty videos super relaxing and therapeutic. There is something about watching someone apply makeup in ways that I'm incapable of doing, that brings me joy. Although the beauty industry is full of scandals, I have a few beauty gurus that I watch regularly and completely support. I thought I would share a few beauty gurus that I trust and believe deserve recognition.

J U I C Y  J A S

Jasmine is an American beauty guru currently at 610K subscribers. I have been watching her consistently for about 3 years. I remember subscribing when she hit about 50K subs and it's been so amazing to watch her channel grow. One of my favourite things about Jasmine is that she always produces amazing content. She is creative with her looks whilst making them wearable. I've even re-created a couple of them. She uses a mixture of drugstore and high-end makeup which is nice. Her reviews are also really great. I trust her opinion when it comes to foundations and base products. Plus she has incredible skin.

C H L O E  M O R E L L O

Chloe is originally from Australia but has recently moved to LA. She is currently at 2.6M subscribers. I have been watching her for a long time. I remember finding her whilst watching a Lauren Curtis video. Her channel was suggested and I watched a few videos of hers before subscribing. I love Chloe's channel because all of her looks are super wearable and realistic. She isn't like your typical beauty influencer in the sense of applying a million layers of makeup. She is all about "your skin but better". All her looks are very much focused on enhancing your natural beauty. If you like tinted moisturisers, cream products and sultry eye looks, you'll love Chloe's makeup looks.

J A Y D E.   P I E R C E

I have been watching Jayde since she was my age which is kind of weird. She was 18 when she started YouTube and I believe she was about to turn 20 when I started watching her channel. She is now 23. She is a UK beauty/fashion influencer with 406K subscribers and 1M Instagram followers. I love her looks because she has INCREDIBLE skin and definitely has good taste when it comes to complexion products and skin care. We have a pretty similar skin tone too so I like to use her as reference. Her usual look is quite glowy skin with a glossy or nude lip, which is definitely my favourite too.

H O L L Y.   B O O N

Holly Boon is a UK beauty guru with 671K subscribers on YouTube. She is definitely more adventurous with her makeup looks. She incorporates lots of colour and detail with her eye makeup. I'm not very creative when it comes to makeup, but I love watching her tutorials. She is really talented and I find her makeup looks very original. She has just started her own cosmetics line 'HBN Cosmetics' and I definitely want to try some of her products one day. She has had great reviews so far and she uses smaller influencers to promote her products and receive PR, which I think is so great. I like that she gives smaller makeup artists a platform to show their own work and be able to work with a brand.

I T S S A B R I N A

Sabrina is a UK beauty guru currently at 315K Subscribers on YouTube. I particularly love her one brand tutorials because she uses a range of products from brands, that may not be as hyped up as others within the community. I enjoy her makeup tutorials and reviews. All of her makeup looks are super wearable, therefore easy to re-create. She loves glowy skin (just like me) and simple eye makeup.

M A K E U P.   C H A R

Charlotte is a London based beauty guru. She is a smaller YouTuber with 2.5K subscribers on YouTube and 19.4K followers on Instagram. I found her through Pinterest maybe a year ago. Her eye looks are beautiful and she has a lot of skill. I'm really surprised she doesn't have more subscribers. She is just as talented as some of the big influencers with over 500K. I trust her opinions when it comes to product recommendations. She receives PR but with her being a smaller channel, she buys a lot of her makeup with her own money. I find that makes her more trustworthy as she doesn't have the fact that half her collection was free, to cloud her judgement. I also love that she uses colour, but makes it seem so easy to use. Whenever I see people like NikkieTutorials use colour, I think "wow that's impossible!". Charlotte makes using colour seem a lot less scary.

T A M M I.   C L A R K E

Tammi is one of my absolute favourite people to watch. Her makeup tutorials and reviews are so informative and her talent is insane. She is another woman who loves her colour! She is another UK based beauty guru, with 147K subscribers on YouTube. She has her own eye-shadow palettes with Revolution makeup (which are on my wishlist) and she has convinced me to put so many other things on my list too. I love that she uses a mixture of luxury and affordable makeup. She even tries brands that you may not know of or much about.

So these are some beauty gurus that I trust and love. Who do you like to watch? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day x

8 comments

  1. Juicy Jas is my go to for everything, she is so trustworthy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh interesting list, I will definitely have to check these beauty 'gurus' out. I personally love Heather Moorhouse and The Makeup Chair :)

    Laura / https://www.laustworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to watch TheMakeupChair a lot when I was younger! She does such good beginners tutorials

      Delete
  3. Girl this post is jammed packed with so much information on Beauty bloggers! I love it! sometimes it's so hard to go through the many beauty bloggers when you're on youtube. Thank you! I definitely have to check out your recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I hope you find some new favourites to watch x

      Delete

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)