chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

March Round-Up


Aaaaand it's done! Woah that was a busy month, but we got through it. Lucky for you guys, there is quite a bit to update you on. It has been an exciting month overall. Let's get straight into it.

D a n c e   C o m p e t i t i o n s

This month I competed in my first university dance competitions. I had SO MUCH fun being a part of the competition team this year. We competed at Surrey dance competition on March 3rd and came THIRD PLACE. We were so excited and proud. We worked super hard, so seeing it pay off was pretty damn great. We then competed at Lough-borough dance competition on March 10th. It was such a fantastic experience. We stayed in a hotel near by and went to a super cool social. It was just a bunch of dance circles, battles and laughs. To top it off, we came SECOND PLACE. As you can imagine, everyone was super hype on the minibus back. Honestly competition season really made my uni experience. We laughed so much and I feel like everyone grew even closer just in those couple days. I'm already so excited for next year.

D a n c e  C o m m i t t e e

Sticking with the dance theme, the next thing I want to mention is dance committee. We had elections for the 19/20 committee this month. To begin with I said no so many times to putting myself forward. The main reason was fear of failure (something that stops me way too often from taking amazing opportunities). I have only been doing hip-hop for 6 months, so I just didn't think I was capable of having a leadership role quite yet. I was asked by my fellow dance family to just take the leap and eventually I did. It felt like a massive leap at first but the idea started to grow on me, the closer it got to opening the votes. It's so strange to because just a week before I applied, I had totally convinced myself that I wasn't going to do it, yet here we are. So, after trying to convince everyone why I shouldn't go forward for a role, here I am as the new Vice Captain. Um yeah I'm baffled too.
I'm actually really excited for the new challenge. Of course part of me is a little nervous but good nerves. It's more so excitement than anything else. If my team believed in me enough to vote for me, then I need to believe in myself, right? YOU'VE GOT THIS ROCHELLE.

L i t e r a t u r e  R e v i e w

I had my first of MANY (unfortunately) literature reviews due at the beginning of the month. I was actually in Benidorm when the assignment was given. It was great to come back to, as you can imagine. I had a week to do it but still left it until I only had 4 days. Love that for me. Those 4 days were possibly the most stressed I have been since I started uni. I didn't understand what I was actually supposed to do and my lecturer's office hours were fully booked. I kind of had to guess everything. I got it in with about 13 hours to spare which honestly is a miracle so HOORAY. I'm not expecting the best grade considering I rushed it but I don't think I failed which is what is most important. Luckily this piece is only like 30% and I have until May to bunk my grade up with the other 70.

V i s i o n   B o a r d

This was so overdue. I ordered my photos back in January and I wasn't able to pick the prints up until this month. I started making my 2019 vision board as soon as I got home. It was actually really relaxing putting it together. I had music playing and I spent time seeing what looked good, before sticking the photos down. I have already seen how much this board has helped me just this month. I put it up above my bed so I see it when I wake up and when I go to bed. One of the reasons I was even able to write my committee application is because the board reminded me of who I wanted to be by the end of the year. One of the photos on my board says 'Your largest fear carries your greatest growth'. Seeing that everyday reminds me to be take chances and stop letting fear drag me down. All the goals on my board are important to me and seeing them visually encourages me to achieve them.

C h e l l e   B e l l e   T u r n e d  T H R E E

On March 13th 2019 this blog turned 3 years old. I can't believe it has been 3 years already. Anyone who has a blog, YouTube channel or any kind of online creative outlet understands the joy of seeing your craft grow. To think this very platform started with 0 followers or hits and is now at 21,000 is insane. It's great because I get to look back at the posts and advice I gave when I was just 16. I was literally a baby but I was a pretty wise kid. Sometimes I wish I could talk to my 16-year old self at this age. I don't know if that is weird LOL. Thank you to all of you for reading my posts. I have found so much love for writing over these three years and I appreciate all the support. I can't wait for where Chelle Belle goes in the next three years.

What did you get up to this month? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day x


6 comments

  1. Sounds like you’ve had an amazing March! Thank you for sharing your positivity x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome month Celle you have achieved so much X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a successful month for sure. Thanks for reading Sam!

      Delete
  3. Aww I loved reading this so much! Your dance competition sounds like such fun. Congrats on coming second! And also a big congrats on three years of blogging x

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lauren! I'm already excited for comps next year

      Delete

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)