chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

July Round-up


Thinking back to what I have gotten up to this month was actually quite difficult. It's all such a blur. This month has been pretty darn busy in terms of work, so thinking of things to update you with was a challenge. HOWEVER, I wasn't going to leave you in the dark. After reflecting and looking back at July. I was able to create a surprisingly chunky round-up. Here are some things that happened this month!

G R A N D   P R I X
I worked LONG hours at Silver-stone for the Grand Prix Races. I did a total of 35 hours over the three days, waiting in the VIP section. It was a lot of hard work and definitely the most physically demanding shift I have ever done, but it was so rewarding. I worked with a great group that kept me entertained over the weekend. Each shift started at 5:30 am and we had to travel from Birmingham at 3:25 am. It's safe to say we were all super delirious, so we found the most random things funny. By the end of each day my feet were screaming, but it was worth it. I'm definitely up for doing it again next year.

C H E C K I N G   O U T   O F   A C C O M M O D A T I O N
I obviously moved back home in June, however my lease officially ended this month. I had to go back for the final time to deep clean my bedroom, kitchen cupboards and bathroom. Then I handed in my key. Annoyingly, I left my diamond ring in my bathroom (I took it off to clean) and handed my key back. So, I had to go BACK AGAIN the day after and the receptionist had to let me into my room with her master key. It was a bit of a nightmare, but I got it back and that was that.

F I R S T   C H A R L O T T E   T I L B U R Y   P U R C H A S E
I don't usually buy high end makeup because I have never had enough disposable income to be pricey with makeup choices, alongside spending on other things. However, with working lots this summer I thought I would treat myself. I got my first ever Charlotte Tilbury product during the Cult Beauty 10th Birthday sales. I have been wanting to try Charlotte Tilbury for about a year, so I was super excited to purchase my first product. I look forward to diving into more products in the future. For my first product, I got the Hollywood Flawless Filter in shade 4. It has the most stunning packaging and the product itself is gorgeous on the skin. It really is radiance in a bottle. It is usually £30, however I spent £25.50 with their 15% off discount code. I have tried it under makeup, mixed with my foundation and as a liquid highlighter. I think I prefer it under my makeup or as a liquid highlighter, as it's much more blinding. When mixed, it doesn't have as much glow. I am looking forward to trying it without makeup on holiday, or on the body.

B E I N G   S I C K
Unfortunately I've had a bit of a hard time this month, after catching Mumps. I was at work one day and had an earache. I thought it may be an ear infection but I went to the doctor's the day after and it tuned out to be Mumps. My face has been swollen for a week and I've been on a liquid diet since. I have been struggling to eat, I had sleeping issues for the first few days and I had a super high temperature for days (just under 40). I'm starting to get better now but I'm still drinking a million cans of soup (boy am I sick of soup) and I've been signed off work until I'm fully better, as the virus is airborne. I've had my MMR vaccine (plus the booster) so I don't understand how I managed to catch it. Hopefully my body recovers soon.

G O I N G   T O   T H E   C I N E M A   A L O N E
I challenged myself to go to the cinema alone, as a way of getting out my comfort zone. It was on my summer bucket list for this year. I went to see Toy Story 4, which was a brilliant movie. It was quite awkward buying a ticket for one and getting settled in my seat, however the overall experience wasn't as scary as I had imagined. There was only about 6 other people in the room, so I was happy about that. Not many eyes on me to make me anxious.

2 4  H O U R   U N P L U G   C H A L L E N G E
Yesterday I completed another Summer Bucket List activity, which was to do a 24 hour unplug. No phone, no laptop, no TV. The idea is to use absolutely no screens for 24 hours. I did from 11 am yesterday to 11 am this morning. It was quite an interesting experience. I have had social media cleanses before but never completely screen-free days. It wasn't too difficult to entertain myself at first. I read a book, did a wardrobe clear out, did some Bible Study etc. The day was pretty productive for the most part. It wasn't until about 8 pm that I got bored, so I had an early night. It was definitely needed but I'm happy to be using a screen again haha. If you haven't tried the challenge before, maybe give it a try.

What did you get up to this month? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day x

7 comments

  1. Love this post. I have to clean out my accommodation as well this week, not looking forward too it. Keep writing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a fun time *sigh*
      Thanks for reading! X

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear your were sick but glad you are feeling better. Good for you for completing some goals. That's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoyed this! That's so cool about working at Silverstone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 31 and have never been to a movie by myself. Mall yes, but never a movie. Its something I'd like to show myself I can do though. I just have to ditch my husband. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should definitely try it sometime! I'm thinking of doing it again soon

      Delete

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)