chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

October Round- Up


The 10th month of the year has been completed! Only two months of 2019 left. Unfortunately I missed September's round-up, however I made up for it by posting a life update summarising everything I wanted to fill you guys in on. If you haven't read that post, make sure to check it out.
Today I am sharing some of the things that went on this month. There really hasn't been much but I hope you enjoy anyway.


U N I   L I F E   B A C K   I N   F U L L   F O R C E

I guess the main thing this month has been university life coming at me with full force. It has definitely kept me busy already. It wasn't this much work in first year. I went to the library about two times in first year (I preferred working in my flat), but I've pretty much been to the library everyday since starting year 2. I feel much more productive at the library than at home.

G R A N D M O T H E R ' S  S E N D  - O F F

On October 25th we put my grandmother to rest. She had such a beautiful send off, and although it felt so surreal, I'm so glad it went well. We wore pink instead of black because it was her favourite colour and the wake was at a venue she would have ADORED. There was over 250 people at the service, which is an incredible turnout. She was very loved. I miss her lots but I'm glad we got to have that final bit of closure and say our last goodbyes (until we hopefully meet her again in paradise).

F I R S T  S H I F T  I N  M O N T H S

Before this month I hadn't worked in months; I believe my last shift was the end of July. I got really sick and had to cancel lots of shifts, then I went on 2 holidays. After that I was back at university and wasn't able to work. Before I knew it, it had been months of no work and my bank account started to become a little sad. Student finance definitely isn't enough to live off. I had one free Saturday so I worked at a gala dinner. It was actually a pretty fun shift and I'm buzzing for pay day. One off shifts aren't ideal but it's better than nothing. I look forward to Christmas season when I have lots of time to make money.

F L A S H  M O B  R E H E A R S A L S

On November 1st I will be in my first public flash-mob. By the time this post goes up, it will have been done and dusted. I'll be sure to share about it in my November round-up. We have been rehearsing throughout the month and it looks really good. I'm excited to perform it. I've been in a flash-mob before but not a public one. It's actually on my Bucket List, so I'm looking forward to ticking it off.

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day x

6 comments

  1. Continuing to study in the library is very sensible. Being around others who are learning helps you learn. A flat can be quite isolating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't too bad for me last year because I work really well being alone. I would put my phone on airplane mode, put Spotify on and just type for hours haha xx

      Delete
  2. A flash mob how exciting, I hope you had an amazing time doing it! When at uni the library was a second home for me, I work well both in a group and on my own but with others I get distracted too easily aha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too haha. Especially if I see people I know in there. Can get caught up chatting x

      Delete
  3. When I was in Uni (for a whole 1.5 months) I use to study in the stacks. I really enjoyed it. In college when I was in my 20s I would study on the sofa, bed and my off time at work. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can get stressful but I know I'll miss it once I've graduated haha x

      Delete

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)