chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

January Round-Up 2020


The first Round-up of 2020! It has been a fab month and I'm so excited for the rest of the year. This time last year was quite a difficult time for me and I was dealing with a lot of internal struggles, so I am so grateful that this year things have been the total opposite. I feel so content and at peace.
Anyway, for you nosy lot, let's get into the stuff you really care about, what went on in Jan.

P O R T U G A L

I entered the new year in Portugal this year, which is definitely more exciting than my usual motive - staying at home lol. It was my brother's 18th birthday on Jan 2nd, so the family decided to take a trip overseas to celebrate both new years and his birthday. We flew to Faro on December 31st and spent the first 5 days of the year in Albufeira. I really loved visiting a new country and it definitely gave me the travel bug.

A S S I G N M E N T S

If you follow me on Instagram (shameless plug - @chelle._babes ), you will know that I had a whole week of assignment writing in my uni library. I get distracted at home, so I made the effort to get my butt on campus everyday for a week. I spent a total of 19 hours doing assignments that week and I'm so happy it paid off and I managed to submit all my coursework before the deadline. I'm actually so proud of myself because that week taught me that I have a lot of self discipline and motivation. Definitely more than I thought.

C A T C H   U P S

January was a month for me to catch up with friends I hadn't seen in a while. It was lovely to just sit down and chat with the girls. I made it a personal goal to meet up with at least 3 people I hadn't seen in a while or wanted to catch up with in January and I was able to meet that goal pretty easily, since there are so many people that I hadn't had the chance to spend some time with recently. I think it is so important to make time for people, to just check up on them and have a little chinwag. I definitely want to keep up with that during the year and make the effort to see people in my life.

P H O T O - S H O O T

I had a fun photoshoot with one of my besties Humaira (you can read her blog here). We went into the city centre and took a bunch of pictures for future blog posts and Instagram content. It was great to get out of my comfort zone and also discover some new locations to take pictures in the city. We took the pictures at peak times and there were constantly people walking by and starring at me but as time went on, I got a bit more comfortable and it didn't bother me that they were looking. The pictures turned out great and I can't wait for you guys to see them! Thank you Humaira for being my personal photographer and hype-man for the day hehe.

B A C K    T O     U N I

Somehow January felt so long yet it flew by so quickly. A very hard one to explain and grasp. Before I knew it, the Christmas holiday was over and it was time to go back to university. Semester B began and getting back into a bit more of a fixed routine made it feel like 2020 had really started. I don't know why that is.


W A R D R O B E   C L E A R - O U T

When 2020 began, I found this sudden motivation to "revamp" my life. Not that I wasn't happy with my life as it was, but I quite liked the idea of making little changes here and there. One of those things was my style. In 2019 one of my goals was to find my sense of style and run with it, however I didn't make much of an effort to do that. So why not try again for REAL this time? I ordered a bunch of new clothes throughout the month but also cleared out my wardrobe. I got rid of a good amount of clothes this month. Some were thrown away because they couldn't be worn again and everything else was donated to charity. It was really nice to give to charity but also make some room for new clothes. I have a couple things that haven't been worn that I may sell too.

So that's a breakdown of what went on in January! I hope you had a great month. What did you get up to? Let me know in the comments below.

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day x



4 comments

  1. Wow that's amazing that you spent the New Year and your brother's bday at Portugal! Good luck with uni! ��

    - Hazel
    https://hazywanders.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great that you got to spend some time in Portugal! I remember my college days- those assignments can be brutal!! It is great that you did some cleaning! Hope February will be an exciting month!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, Nancy 😘 Hope you have a wonderful month x

      Delete

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)