chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

February Round-Up 2020


HAPPY LEAP YEAR! I'm not sure if that's a thing you actually say but I guess it is now. The whole concept of a leap year is so weird to me but an extra day definitely doesn't have me complaining. Anyway, today is the final day of the month which means its time to update you on what has happened in February. Pretty much everything is uni related in some way, but interesting nevertheless.


A U   B A L L  Y E A R  2

On Feb 1st I went to my second University Ball. I had so much fun in first year and was super excited for second year. Last year my dress was more understated and simple, but this year I decided to be a little more extra. I wore a black and rose gold sequin fishtail and I absolutely LOVED it. It was actually the dress I mentioned in my Christmas wish-list post in December 2019. I was so happy when I got it and honestly I've never felt that pretty in my life. There is something about an elegant ball gown that just makes you feel more confident in yourself. I don't watch Love Island but apparently one of the girls wore the exact dress for the final, so I'm glad I got a chance to get it before it gets sold out for ages now haha. The ball was a fun time and I'm looking forward to my final one next year (the last one already wow).

N O N - A S S E S S E D   T E A C H I  N G   P R A C TI C E

As part of my TESOL module, one of my assignments is to put teaching into practice. The assessed lesson is scheduled for next month, however I had the opportunity to practice and receive some feedback from my lecturer. I actually enjoyed it and seeing other people's lessons gave me some ideas for my final assessed version. I'm actually really enjoying this module.

D A N C E   R E H E A R S A L S

This month has involved a lot of dancing....and I mean A LOT of dancing. We are getting ready for a bunch of performances in March, so rehearsals have been pretty intense. There has been lots of rehearsing, choreographing and teaching, which has been tiring but also fun. My muscles are a little sore but it will all be worth it in the end. My body is thanking me for it too because although i'm sore, I have noticed my body is toning up, which is always a plus.

D A N C E   C H A R I T Y   E V E N T

Every year my university dance club choose a charity to support. This year we are supporting Mind UK. On February 19th we held our annual Strictly come dancing event and all donations went to Mind. The dancers were the pros and we had other sport club members take on the role as celebrities. It was such a successful night and we managed to raise £583 for charity. Everyone did so well and I loved watching what they all worked so hard on. I got to play DJ for the night which was fun hehe. The after-party was a blast and I loved bringing out my sparkly dress for the night.

So this is a little round-up of this month. It went by so quickly that I can't remember everything that actually happened but I tried to recall the bigger events. I have a lot of plans for March, so look forward to that round-up post!

What did you get up to in February? Let me know in the comments below.

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day x


2 comments

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)