chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

AD | How To Get Motivated: Changing your Atmosphere


As a student, I understand the struggles of feeling unmotivated. Sometimes your to-do list is full but lack of motivation makes it very difficult to cross things off. I have shared many motivaion tips on this blog, however they have been mainly focused on you. Today I want to share my tips on how to get motivated, just by changing your atmosphere or environment.

This post is in partnership with Photowall - a Swedish wall art company. The product mentioned was GIFTED however, all opinions are 100% my own.


My first tip is to work in a clean space. Working in a clean and clear space really helps you to stay focused and be productive. There is nothing worse than a cluttered desk. I find that when my environment is a mess, so is my headspace. I find it much more difficult to think and stay on task when I am surrounded by chaos. Make the effort to clean your room if you work at home, or find a spot that doesn't look like a disaster. Cleaning your room before studying can also be motivation in itself. Once you've started being productive, it isn't hard to keep that train going.

My next tip is to eliminate distractions. Distractions are subjective, so first you need to figure out what distracts you. For me, I can't be around my friends or family while studying (unless we're actually working together), because I'll end up chatting and things won't get done. I work really well by myself, so 90% of the time I'll be working on my own in the library. Another distraction is upbeat music. I always have my headphones in when working, however I rarely play upbeat music, as I find it very distracting. I like to listen to instrumentals and classical music a lot of the time because it's super relaxing and there aren't any lyrics to sing along to. I'm really good at blocking people out, so I don't mind being around people in the library, however I know people who have to work on the silent floor because seeing people just walk around is a distraction. Work out what takes your focus away from studying or working and try to eliminate it. If it's social media, turn your phone on aeroplane mode, if it's people around you, work in silent areas or completely seclude yourself from groups of people. I loved working in my uni accomodation in first year, because it was just me, myself and I. If you're like me and work independently, utilise that space. You have a desk and a private room. USE IT. Don't feel obligated to go to the library just because that seems like the most productive place to work. You can get just as much (if not more) things done when you work where you're most comfortable.

Speaking of comfortable, that is my next tip. Work in a comfortable atmosphere. When I say comfortable I don't necessarily mean fluffy pillows and blankets (unless that's your vibe), I mean working somewhere you feel is best for you. This is kind of an extension from what I just mentioned. Being comfortable is only going to benefit you and your productivity. It's very unlikely that you'll get much done if you're feeling uncomfortable and things feel "off". Don't go to the library if everytime you go, you feel anxious and don't stay at home if things aren't peaceful. Take yourself out of uncomfortable or awkward situations.

My final tip is to have visual reminders of your goals or visual motivation. I have a giant vision board in my room, and everytime I am in my room, I am reminded of my goals for the year. On my 2019 board, one of my goals was to get good grades at uni. Anytime I felt unmotivated to study, I would see that section of my vision board and start working. It's amazing how such a little thing like that pushed me to pick up a pen.
This year I decided my visual motivation would be a quote. I am such a huge fan of quotes. Fun fact, words of affirmation is one of my love languages, and the fact that I study English is enough to tell you that I love words. There is something so powerful about language. I get so motivated by reading quotes, so it made sense to have one on my bedroom wall. The quote I chose was "She gets what she wants because she works for it". I think that quote is so simple yet so powerful. When Photowall contacted me and said they wanted to work with me, I was really excited and knew exactly what I wanted. Photowall are a Swedish wall art company, that create unique and creative designs. They make canvases, wallpapers, posters and so much more. You have the choice of measurements and even the photo. They have a range of premade designs, however you also have the option to print your own image, which is what I did. I found the quote from one of my Pinterest boards and it came out exactly how I wanted. I'm in LOVE with my canvas and it has already kept me motivated since I received it. If you would like to get your own canvas or any other product from Photowall, I have a 25% off discount code to get some money off! The code is chellebelle2020 and is valid for ONE MONTH.

Photowall - https://www.photowall.co.uk/

You can get one for yourself to motivate you to work hard, or maybe you want to get something for your mum, since mother's Day is fast approaching. Whatever the reason, I hope you make good use of the discount and enjoy vamping up your room!

So those are my tips for staying motivated, just by changing your atmosphere. I hope it was helpful.
If you have any other tips, let me know in the comments.

Again, a big thank you to Photowall for working with me on this blog post.

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day x

14 comments

  1. I love your content! Getting motivated is really one of my problems before doing my work. Thank you for your tips! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria! I really appreciate it. Motivation isn't always easy. I'm glad the tips could help x

      Delete
  2. I was just thinking about how my office needs to be cleaned. I have more motivation to do so now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll feel so good about it afterwards x

      Delete
  3. Such good points. I always need help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to clean my space! It is such a mess and it makes me feel a mess when it's like this haha so thanks for reminding me. Such great tips xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly me too. My mind is just all over the place when it looks like a state haha. Glad you enjoyed the post Lauren x

      Delete
  5. Rochelle, I absolutely love this post! I am all about following your dreams, and am always getting one quote or another to help me to keep moving forward. Thanks! I will have to go check out Photowall sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Diane! I'm so glad you liked it. Definitely check out Photowall, they're so great x

      Delete
  6. Really nice post. I love the tips you shared. We won't always be motivated so this is really helpful.

    Anita x niannilifestyleblog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ball Gown Wedding Dresses
    This style is one of the classic wedding dress styles. The fluffy dress can well cover the lower body. Therefore, brides who are not satisfied with their lower body can choose this wedding dress. In addition, because this style of wedding dress and princess dress are very similar, therefore, wearing it will make the bride look like a princess.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)