chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

Too Faced Born This Way Concealer Review



I have been wanting to try Too Faced cosmetics for as long as I've been into makeup, but I was never in a position where I felt comfortable enough to spend money on luxury products. It wasn't until 2019 that I bought my first high end product (Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter). From there, I began to allow myself room to spend a little extra cash on luxury makeup to treat myself. In February I finally purchased the much loved born this way multiuse concealer, which has been raved about in the beauty community since its release. Although I am late to the train, I wanted to share my thoughts.

Basic Information:
Original Price: £25
I purchased it from Boots (online), whilst it was 15% off premium makeup, and had a further 10% student discount, pulling it down to £19.12
Amount: 15ml
Shade: Natural Beige

Too Faced is available at a lot of retailers, both in-store and online. I have been using this product for over a month and have quite enjoyed it, although it didn't reach ALL of my expectations.

The packaging is so pretty, which is what made me want to try Too Faced so much in all honesty. It's so girly and sweet, with the general pink, black, white and gold theme throughout the brand. The packaging of this concealer is definitely significantly bigger than a normal concealer, however when it came, it wasn't as big as I had imagined. With the hype around the size, I guess I just expected a foundation bottle sort of size. Either way, there is loads of product for a concealer and I'm not mad about it. The applicator is a fab size, and it picks up enough  product to cover both under eyes with one application.

The product itself is quite thick but not too heavy. The coverage is medium in my opinion but it can be built up to full. The only thing I find is that if I layer powder over the concealer once I've built it up, it sits quite strange under the eyes and when I remove my makeup at the end of the day, it is very difficult to get off. With that being said, the staying power is good and I don't have to touch up.

As the name would suggest, the finish is very skin like and my skin type agrees with it quite well. I have combination skin and I don't find myself getting oily or dry throughout the day. It stays a satin finish on the skin and sits beautifully for the most part. I do tend to crease under the eyes, however most concealers crease on me, so I'm not surprised. Additionally, depending on how well I prep my skin before base makeup, I have noticed that my pores are less visible. If I prep the skin well and then use this concealer, my skin looks very smooth and pore-less.

I do like this concealer, however it didn't meet all my expectations. For the price point, I was expecting something revolutionary. The product is good but I enjoy it just as much as my Maybelline Fit Me concealer, so I don't know if it is worth the splurge. Overall, I am enjoying this concealer, however I don't think I will re-purchase it once it is empty, simply because I have cheaper products I like equally.

Have you tried this concealer? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day x

8 comments

  1. I wanted to try this one too! I've been using Naked by Urban Decay. It's pretty good too but looking for something with more coverage. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this review, Ive been thinking whether or not to get this concealer and you made my decision easier. Will definitely be checking out more of your blog posts, great blog! Check out mine if you get a chance too.

    xoxo Olivia | http://www.oliviaandbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Olivia. I will definitely check out your blog x

      Delete
  3. It’s honestly the best range of base products I’ve ever been blessed with! The foundation and powder are also so fabulous. Lovely pictures darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been eyeing up the foundation recently actually haha. Maybe I will end up with the full range. Thanks for reading Jasmine x

      Delete
  4. This is my favorite concealer right now! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has such a beautiful finish on the skin

      Delete

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)