chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

June Round-Up 2020


And just like that, we've completed the first half of the year. Part of me is really happy about that because 2020 has been wild, however each time a month goes by it just reminds me of how short life is. Wow I didn't mean to make that slightly depressing....
Anywayssss, here is my round-up of June 2020. ENJOY

T R A N S F O R M E D    O L D    C L O T H E S 

During this lock-down I set myself the project to re-build my fashion style. That has included donating clothes to charity, throwing clothes away and transforming old clothes by doing little Tik Tok hacks. I had lots of fun making them and I made a IGTV series out of it, if you want to check it out. Some projects were a success and others not so much. Warning: My editing skills are a 2/10 haha. 

M O R E    O N L I N E    S H O P P I N G 

Relating back to the previous one, I've been shopping A LOT. It's actually concerning how much I've been online shopping. I've bought clothes, makeup, books and presents for other people. I calmed down with it towards the end of June after so many failed orders. I've returned more than I've kept, so I'm just going to save my money for more necessary purchases and when I feel comfortable enough to shop in-stores. 

W E N T   T O   H O S P I T A L 

Unfortunately I had to go to hospital, which was not a fun time. The last thing I wanted was to be anywhere near a hospital during these times, let alone having to rush in for myself. I'm doing really well now though, all glory to God. I won't get into what happened and why I was there but no it was not COVID-19. With that being said though, staying in that hospital really opened my eyes to the suffering that this virus is causing and how VERY real it is. I've seen so many people just stop social distancing because they have this assumption that it no longer exists, therefore life can resume, but seeing it for myself has encouraged me to keep self-isolating, so that neither my family or I have to be a part of that statistic. 

S O C I A L  D I S T A N C E D   M E E T - U P S

At the start of the month I was online shopping one day - what's new? And I came across some tops that I thought would suit my friends, so I ordered them. It gave me the perfect excuse to not only treat the girls but actually see them, even if it was from a distance. It was so nice to see them but also quite weird. We face-time every week and talk in our group chat most days but actually being able to see them after 3 months was such a luxury. It was strange not being able to hug them or even be close to them but we ended up chatting for ages and of course they liked their gifts. 

With me being sick and not feeling my best, my amazing friends surprised me by visiting me at home and giving me the cutest present ever. Again, it was weird not being able to hug them but it was the highlight of my week. We spent 4 hours on the grass in front of my house, chatting absolute nonsense. I looked terrible because I was in my pajamas and head-wrap in the middle of a Netflix day, however I didn't mind looking an absolute mess in front of my whole street because I got to see my friends (ew how soppy). I can't wait until I can meet them without having to stand at least 1 metre away.  

B L A C K    L I V E S    M A T T E R    M O V E M E N T 

It seems like we've just been going around in circles as unfortunately we're still fighting for the rights of Black Lives. This movement has been around for centuries but we've hit breaking point. There comes a time when you just get tired. Tired of screaming to be heard and tired of watching the lives of our community vanish. Black lives seem to be in the hands of the white man, rather than our creator and we've had enough. It has been an extremely difficult time but also a powerful one. It finally feels like the outrage is transcending our own community at last and we no longer have to fight this alone. I've cried so many times this month out of hurt and pain for my community, but I know I am not the only one. This is a universal pain and the cure is justice. I took a week away from social media for my own well-being as it can be very overwhelming. I really encourage you to do this if you feel the same. In order to fight the good fight, you need strong soldiers. Your voice is not limited to social media so please take time away if you feel it is warranted. In that time, I donated to charities and the George Floyd memorial and signed as many petitions as I could find. Please don't let anyone make you feel guilty for not posting on Instagram if you know you're paying your part. With that being said, if you KNOW your voice is loudest on social media and that is where your influence lies, don't waste that opportunity. 

Petitions you can sign:

Justice for George Floyd 

Justice for Breonna Taylor

Justice for Belly Mujinga 

Justice for Shukri Abdi 

Improve Maternal Mortality Rates and Health Care for Black Women in the U.K.

Add education on diversity and racism to all school curriculum

Protect Afro textured hair! Amend the UK Equality Act to include hair.

What did you get up to in June? Let me know in the comments. 

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day x

4 comments

  1. Sounds like you had a busy month, sorry you had to go to hospital though - glad to hear you’re doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could you think that first half of 2020 made you happy?

    The world all over is struggling to cope with panademic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said I was happy that the first half of 2020 was over :)
      But with that being said, despite the many challenges this year has brought, it has also allowed a lot of growth and new found gratitude in my personal life. This year has been an emotional roller-coaster for the world (and myself included), but I'm still grateful for it because I've gained so many great things through the hard times

      Delete

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)