chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

See Me by Nicolas Sparks Book Review

This is way over due but I really wanted to post my review on 'See Me' which was my summer book. It took me longer than usual to read this book as I was way too busy to read my novel, after being handed things to do for my A-levels. Regardless of this, I finally finished it and I must say it was AMAZING!

The book is written by Nicolas Sparks, who I think is honestly such a genius when it comes to Romance novels and films. The notebook is one of my favourite books and is one of my favourite films. I had such high expectations after the notebook for see me to be great. I definitely think that it exceeded my expectations.

From the first ten or so chapters I was kind of confused as to why the title is called 'See Me', however when you get into it, it becomes super clear why. I don't want to make any spoilers in this review so you'll have to figure it out yourself...by reading it of course!







The blurb/What the book is about; 

"At twenty-eight, he's focused on getting his teaching degree and avoiding all the places and people that proved so destructive in his past. But when he crosses paths with Maria Sanchez one rain-swept night, his structured life is turned upside down.  

Before the couple has a chance to envision a life together, menacing reminders from events in Maria's past start to surface. And as the threat of violence begins to shadow her every step, she and Colin will be pushed to breaking point." 

I read this blurb when I was in the store looking for a summer read and was instantly intrigued. I loved the sound of it and it went straight in my basket. Literally after fifteen minutes of being home, I started reading it.








The genre:

Although the genre of this novel is Romance, it is also quite a thriller. It's not your typical romance story all the way through it. There are many twists and turns which keep you constantly gasping. I found myself morphing into a character because of it's intense moments. It is such an entertaining book to read.

In many ways, the book is actually quite relatable. The characters go through some real life situations which just makes the book that much better of a read. It's not like 'The Notebook' with the petty argument scenes, although I do love those.

My Favourite Part (No spoiler):

My favourite part of the book is when Colin finally finds out who has been causing all the trouble for Maria and her loved ones, and their intentions. It has so much action and so much drama within one chapter! I was flying through the rest of the book to see how it ended. I became so attached to the book because it was just so good and I didn't want it to end. I was extremely shocked to hear the truth and it was definitely not a theory that crossed my mind, but it all made sense.

What I learned from the book:

If there is anything that I learned from this book, its that you can find your life long partner at the most random of times in the most unlikely places. The way the main characters Maria and Colin meet is so sweet but so mind blowing at the same time. Not only was it the perfect timing but it was also quite strange too. I could never imagine meeting my partner at that time and in that way.




Recommendation?

If you're into Romance and Thriller stories, I 100% recommend this book for you to read. Even if you're not so into romance, it is still such a good read with all the drama and mystery that goes on. One thing that may seem off putting is the size of the book. It is 33 chapters long and almost 500 pages, however I found it so good that a lot of the time I struggled to keep it out of my hands.


The bookhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/See-Me-Nicholas-Sparks/dp/0751550000/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478293632&sr=8-1&keywords=see+me+nicholas+sparks

I hope you enjoyed this review and that you'll consider reading the book, it is so worth it.

Have a great day! x

No comments

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)