chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

What I HATE about YouTube

YouTube. A platform that I very much love...for the most part. I can't go a single day without watching videos, its become a real problem, however there are many pet peeves I have about YouTube which I feel need to be expressed. This is going to be quite a bit of reading so grab your tea and a healthy snack (Christmas is coming so you gotta save the room) and lets do this.




Number 1: Clickbait

Honestly I think this annoys many people. I can not stand clickbait. I get why it is done and that it is very much effective but as a viewer, I can not stand it. The type I hate the most are when it's a Q&A and the question is barely answered! For example the title will be "I have a boyfriend?!" with them looking shocked in the thumbnail but when they answer the question in the Q&A, all they say is "Nope I'm single, sadly" and then they'll move on. YOU MADE ME HAPPY FOR YOU WHEN IT WAS ALL A LIE? I AM NEVER BEING PLEASED FOR ANYONE EVER AGAIN, I say but I fall for it EVERY TIME.



Number 2: People who complain about Vlog "haters"

I had a bit of a rant about this on my Snapchat and I wanted to go further into this now. That was basically my inspiration for this post.

Of course we all know of vloggers. People who record their daily lives and what they get up to and post them onto YouTube. I love vlogs. They're probably what I watch the most to be honest. However, there are those odd few vloggers who just get on your nerves. They have those "heart to heart" moments with their viewers basically expressing their dislike for when people have opinions on their lives and write comments about what they do/say.

 I understand that it must be hurtful when NEGATIVE things are said about your life, but when they're simple questions, general opinions and just typical comments and you complain about it, it baffles me. YOU choose to put your life on the internet for thousands of people to see. YOU are the one who takes that risk by recording what you do and say. It kind of makes me wonder how many people do it for the money.

 This isn't me criticizing them, I just don't understand the logic, as someone who doesn't have a vlog channel. I have uploaded a vlog before (don't try to find it because its been put on private due to the fact that its too cringy for the human eye and ears), and even if I got opinions on my life, I wasn't going to moan about it because it was my decision to put it up, knowing what a judgmental platform YouTube can be.



Number 3: Rude viewers/comments

Now I am an opinionated person and I do comment on things that I don't agree with but I am not one of these people. The rude viewers that I'm talking about are the type that just go at the YouTuber for absolutely no reason. I've seen people call other girls ugly, tell them that they should get lip fillers and have even told them to go and kill themselves, which is ridiculous. It just saddens me when I see such hateful comments that have been sent to another human being. What has the world come to? To wish death upon anybody, let alone someone you've never even met is so wrong.




Number 4: Viewers who start on others for no reason at all

This is similar to number 3 but this is when viewers are rude to other viewers. I have had people come at me and be verbally abusive towards me on YouTube many times for literally no reason at all. For example, about 2 weeks ago someone made a comment and all I said was "I agree" and I had this girl telling me that I wasn't allowed to comment on a 2 week old comment made by someone that wasn't her. When I asked her why, she started telling me how I couldn't read because I hadn't left yet and I replied back saying that I found that really rude and she literally went OFF. She even told me to kill myself but because I have thick skin and I'm not one to take anything from someone who doesn't know me at all, it honestly just made me sad for her. It made me sad that someone could be so angry over something that A) Didn't concern her at all to begin with and B) show so much angry and hate towards someone she didn't even know the name of (my account is Chelle Belle too so she doesn't even know my real name). There are just so many bullies out there.




Number 5: The final thing about comments are People who write comments just for likes

This is exactly how it sounds. There are people who will literally just comment "Like this comment for no reason" "It's my birthday today so can I get 50 likes?" "Like if you're watching this in 2072" "Can I get 200 likes because my dog died" etc. WHAT IS THE POINT? You may as well just change your account name to "Like Seeker". Why make a comment just to give yourself attention when the creator has spent hours, days, weeks on making and editing the video? They're the ones who work hard and you want likes because you were born that day or because you just happen to be watching that video in 2072 so you feel that you should be rewarded for it? Nah mate, fly away please.




Number 6; Lack of effort to upload

There are YouTubers whose full time job is to be a YouTuber and is to upload videos every day/week, but fail to do so. They don't go to school, they don't go to university, they work AS A YOUTUBER, but they don't upload...

Now I would get if there were personal issues going on at home or in your personal life but these people own social media accounts and still upload on there with not a single word being said about their channel. They go like a month, 3 months, 6 months without uploading and when they finally do, they don't give us an explanation as to why they haven't uploaded. YouTube is now considered as a job, so there is no excuses. If you worked in an office, you couldn't have a month off with no notice and come back like you never left. You would lose your job. So if YouTube is now a real job, why is it that its not treated like one? As a teacher you go through personal problems and you may be given a few weeks off for it but then they have to come back like professionals and do their job. But as YouTubers the rules are different. You can go a full year off and come back just like that. Why is it considered a real job if the workers aren't going to work?

Some excuses may be "I haven't been feeling myself lately and I needed some time to myself". Fair enough but if this was a profession, you wouldn't have this much time away from work, you know?




Number 7: When every post is sponsored 

 Now, I have absolutely nothing against sponsors and sponsored videos in general but when an individual creator has a channel just full of sponsored videos all back to back, it takes away their genuine passion for creating videos and makes it just seem like a straight up business or a way of just collecting cash. You can always tell when a YouTuber looses their interest for YouTube and just continues for the money because they act bored, they use/show products that you can see they're hyping up more than they should and they just don't sound happy at all. I know for some this is true as Essena O'neil said in her last video before "Quitting the internet" admitted to promoting products that she didn't believe in. Obviously this isn't what all YouTubers do, but I know for a fact that there are a few. Its kind of irritating when someone's videos are all sponsored or you only get that odd one that isn't but still seems it.




Finally, Number 8: When YouTubers changes when they have a high social status

The thing that draws me in to Subscribe is when somebody displays their genuine personality. Adelaine Morin and Lizza Koshy are my two favourite YouTubers EVER because they're always being themselves. They both have over a million subscribers and they're both as genuine as they were when they had 100,000 or even 10,000. Sadly, there are YouTubers who change when they become popular. They become quite arrogant and rude to others by using their numbers against them or gathering their minions to back them up even if they're wrong. They say fame can get to your head and you can definitely tell that this is true.

So those are the things I hate about YouTube. I do love YouTube in general but these are the odd few things that aren't so likable. If you got to the end and read all of the post, thanks for being such a loyal reader. I really appreciate you all.

I hope you enjoyed,

Have a great day x

2 comments

  1. Yes I agree with a lot of these, the Q&A clickbait is so annoying most youtubers do it now so I've just come to expect it aha! The lack of uploading gets me as well, it even annoys me when the really big youtubers only upload like once a week, like they get so much money for doing barely anything, it frustrates me aha!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you understand my pain with those aha

      Delete

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)