chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

GRWM: My 1st University Ball


If you have seen my life Bucket List, you will know that I really wanted to go to a Ball at some point in my life. I had a prom when I was 16 but I wanted to attend a proper elegant ball with the whole mix. Fancy venue, decent food (unlike prom), a beautiful dress, and great company. Lucky me was able to achieve that goal this week! I attended my first ever University Ball on Saturday. I had such a great time and already cannot wait for next year.

As it was a part of my Bucket List, and such a great memory, I thought I would document it in some way and share my experience with you guys. Although most people would vlog this sort of thing, I'm not great in front of a camera, and definitely not great at vlogging in front of people, so I thought I would stick to what I know. This is going to be a blog post going through the getting ready process.

So, here is a Get Ready With Me post for my first uni ball!

Friday: 

Let's start with Friday. I decided to do a few things the day before, just to save some time. Although the ball was Saturday evening, as a university student does, I still had a To-Do list I had to complete for the day. Doing these little tasks the day before helped me out a lot.


11:50am: Inspiration

I looked on Pinterest for some makeup inspiration. I wanted to be prepared and know what eye look I was going to do on Saturday. Rather than getting all my makeup out and then wondering what I should do, I figured I should choose my style of eye makeup the day before.

2:25pm: Last Minute Pick Up

I needed a new strapless bra for my dress, so I took myself to Primark. I was also running out of makeup remover so I got that whilst I was in town too.

3:35pm: Clean Makeup Brushes

Whenever I'm going out or doing something where I want to wear a bit more makeup than usual, I like to wash all my makeup brushes the day before. I don't know, it kind of makes me feel like I'm going to have a successful beat (that means makeover for those who are frowning at their screens- It's annoying when words have multiple meanings).


5:30pm: Painted Nails

I gave myself a little manicure and pedicure. Took me a while to decide what nude to choose but I went with this pink nude in the end.


6:30pm: Face Mask and Picked After Party Outfit

This isn't anything special as I do face masks all the time, but it definitely helped my base for my makeup the next day. I also chose my After Party outfit to save time. I wore a black jumpsuit and some flats because I knew I would want to get straight out of my heels after the Ball.

Saturday:

12:25: Getting Drinks

I went with my friend Nav to get drinks for the After Party Pre.

3:30pm: Face Mask

I tried an Avocado sheet mask as it helps give radiance and moisture. Sheet masks are good to use before makeup. It looked TERRIFYING but it made me skin feel so soft afterwards.

4:00pm: Makeup

I started getting ready. I did a brown halo eye with a gold spotlight. Halo eye looks are just my go because I think they suit my eye shape fairly well.

4:45pm: Hair

I didn't do much with my hair. I just did a half up half down pony.

5:15pm: Getting dressed!

I put my dress and shoes on ready to go. When my friend got to my flat we took a few pictures and had a drink.



6:20pm: BALL TIME

The Ball was so much fun. We met up with the rest of the dance team and then got an Uber to the venue. We waited in line for quite a while but everyone was to just talking and looking at all the beautiful dresses the girls wore.

The food was actually decent and the DJ was sick He knew all the throwbacks and of course the Dance team were one of the first on the dance floor.

I had such a great time and already cannot wait for next year!

What is one thing on your bucket list? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day x


No comments

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)