chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

August Round-Up


OMG! Can you believe it's September tomorrow? Every month I am so shocked at how quickly time is going. September is my birthday month whoop whoop. This month has been more "summery" than the previous, as I didn't work at all in August. Here is a little breakdown of things that happened this month.


A N S W E R E D   P R A Y E R S

I was going through a really hard time this year. Pretty much since January, which sucked because I named this year "Growth". Every year I have a keyword or focus for the year. This year I wanted to grow in all areas of my life, but instead I felt stuck more than anything. I had been praying endlessly that God would handle my situation and restore my peace of mind. This month, I finally feel like my prayers were answered. One day I just woke up and felt so much peace. I felt so light, as if a burden had been completely lifted off me. I truly feel so blessed and I KNOW it was all because of God. All I did was pray and believe that he could do it and he did. The funny thing is that number 8 in the bible is a symbol of new beginnings. God always has the best timing.

Y O U T H   C O N F E R E N C E

My church had a youth conference in London called ABLAZE. It was so powerful! We took a minibus from Birmingham to Brixton and spent the day in fellowship with hundreds of other youth and believers. Fifteen young people got baptized that night which was so amazing to see. The word really spoke to my situation and confirmed God had answered my prayers. It made me understand how it was all part of God's plan for my life and my vision. I named my year GROWTH and from those trials, I well and truly grew and became a stronger person. I already feel like I have more confidence and my faith has developed. Although it was a route I wouldn't have chose for myself in order to meet my goal, it was the best route. You cannot grow without being out your comfort zone or experiencing rain.


M Y   F I R S T  H O L L Y W O O D   W A X

If you've read my Holiday Prep post you will know I got my first ever Hollywood wax. It was actually something I put on my bucket list about 2 years ago. The idea of not having to shave for like 6 weeks was music to my ears, however I kept putting it off because I was scared of the pain. People had compared it to childbirth and a form of torture! I decided to just be brave and book an appointment this month. I booked it at the beginning of the month and got it done on the 19th. Honestly it wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined. Of course there were areas that hurt more than others but I didn't cry or scream at any point, which is something I anticipated. Oddly enough I wasn't uncomfortable being completely exposed. I thought I would be anxious as hell getting naked in front of some random woman and literally spreading my legs as wide as possible haha. I'm glad I got out of my comfort zone. I'm definitely converted to waxing now.

O R L A N D O   F L O R I D A

The main part of my month has been my trip to Orlando. As I write this, I am sitting next to the air-con in my hotel room. After this I'm probably going to go to the pool. I'm having such a great time spending quality time with my family in our favourite location. It is SO hot (as usual) here. So far we've gone shopping, had our first day at Universal, ate like KINGS AND QUEENS and rejuvenated for a new semester and to go back to work. We have another week before we go back to the UK and we're making the most of it.

So this is my August Round-Up. What have you gotten up to this month? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day x


4 comments

  1. I also can't believe it is September already!! It sounds like you had a nice month! Orlando must have been so nice - my boyfriend and I are headed to Florida for Spring Break and I am already counting down the days. :)
    Jenna ♥
    Follow me back? Life of an Earth Muffin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful! You'll have the best time ever xx

      Delete
  2. Hey Chelle!! I'm so happy God lifted that burden off your shoulders and gave you peace, He is so good all the time!👏🏾 Sis, I never had a wax before but it sounds so painful😖😳 I'm glad you had a better experience than I thought! Good luck with your growth journey, you got this!😍

    Natonya | https://justnatonya.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)