chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

Current "Everyday" Makeup Routine


With this lock-down situation, I've seen some pretty tragic reflections stare me in the face, in the mirror. My skin had a bit of a meltdown at the beginning, lack of makeup on many days has made my skin oilier than usual and overall, I just haven't looked too fabulous. HOWEVER, to prove to myself the potential I have (and also to give myself something to do), I like to do my makeup. I obviously don't sit in my house with a full face every single day, but on the days I do choose to, I've found I really love how it turns out. 
On some days, I like to copy YouTube tutorials and practice my makeup skills, but on days I just want to feel a bit more normal, I've been doing the same look and I thought I would share it with you. If you want to see what products I have been using lots recently, just keep reading. 

So, my "everyday" makeup routine is quite radiant and fresh (at least that's the aim). The beautiful weather that we have been blessed with recently has definitely inspired me to incorporate more glow to my makeup. Although I'm a huge fan of the dewy look as it is, during the winter I definitely kept it more Matte, but now that spring has arrived........BRING ON THE GLOW. 

Before I start makeup, I like to make sure my skin is prepped. You know, the usual morning skin care regime. Your makeup will only look as good as your skin does underneath. As I mentioned earlier, my skin wasn't enjoying herself during the start of isolation (if I'm honest, before isolation too), but with lots of time on my hands, I made sure to treat her well and now shes's much happier. Once skin is prepped, it's straight onto primer. 

To prime my skin, I use a combo of two products. I start off with Too Faced Hangover Primer all over the face to add lots of hydration and a nice tacky base to keep it lasting all day for Netflix. I have the travel size version of this product because I wanted to try it out before committing to the full size. At first I didn't think it was worth it, but months later and I've changed my mind. I still HATE the smell but the product is so great. I may even get the full size after-all. The second primer I use is ELF Putty Primer - review here. I concentrate this on areas I want to blur pores and make look smoother. This is usually my cheeks, nose and chin. I can't imagine my makeup routine without this product. I'm thinking about getting the Matte version for the summer time, just to keep the oils at bay. 

After primer, I like to apply foundation. I used to be a brows first girl, but over the last few months, I have converted. For foundation I have been using L'Oreal True Match in the shade 6.5N. This foundation is an old favourite and I always end up going back to it. It has little gold specs running through it, however it doesn't make your skin shimmery or glittery at all, it's more of a radiance or dew. The shade 6.5N is the colour I usually use when I'm tanned in the summer, however with the concealer shade I'm about to mention, it matches my skin perfectly, whilst making my skin look bronzed. I'm not a fan of sponges for liquid products, so I always use a brush. 

To conceal, I have been loving the Too Faced Born This Way Concealer in the shade Natural Beige - review here. When I first tried this product, I loved it but I didn't think it was worth the price. AGAIN I have changed my mind. Clearly, it takes about 2 months of use before I decide I love something. It is such a beautiful finish on the skin and honestly it gets better looking as the day goes. I love it. In combination with the foundation, it creates the most flawless and smooth base. 

To set those liquids in place, I use two different powders. To set the concealer I have been using the yellow shade from the Wet n Wild Toffee Duo Contour Kit. This keeps the highlighted areas nice and bright and keeps the dimension. To set the rest of my face I use Maybelline Fit Me Loose Powder in the shade 30 Medium Deep. This powder is still not available in UK stores, which I don't understand because WE NEED IT. I got mine from Target when I was on holiday in the states last summer and I'm definitely getting a back up next time I go. I'm no where near finishing it but the thought of running out terrifies me, it's that good. 

Next I like to take the glow to another level and bronze my skin. Usually I use a matte bronzer but currently I am loving the Revolution Makeup Vivid Baked Bronzer in the shade Rock My World. It is SUPER shimmery, so I only use a little bit. It's a warm toned bronzer and just adds so much colour to the face. I avoid putting too much of this on as I don't want to look like a tin man. 

Following from that, it's time to define those cheekbones! Contour. I alternate between the contour shade in the Wet n Wild Kit and LA Girl Pro Contour Kit. The Wet n Wild one is warm toned and more natural looking but the LA Girl one is the perfect hybrid of warm and cool. It's more intense in terms of pigmentation, so it gives that really structured look. It just depends on my mood the day I do my makeup, but I use them both just as often. 

I never used to be a blusher person but since last year I've been so into it. I love the Wet n Wild blushers because they're so affordable but so pretty on the skin. My two favourite are Pearlescent Pink and Apricot-in-the-middle. I want to try more blushers now that I'm a fan so if you guys have any suggestions, let me know in the comments. 

After blusher, I do my eyebrows. Bit of a strange order I know. For brows I have used the same product since I was about 15. Collection Brow Kit in the shade Brunette. I think I've been through like three of them now. I always use the middle shade with an angled brush and just create the shape from the tail and work inwards. Naturally my brow hairs are barely existent, so starting from the tail gives me the shape I want before I fill in the rest. To set my brows I use the ELF Clear Brow Gel, however I've got a little bored of it so I ordered a new product. Once it arrives, I will be testing it out and will hopefully post a review. 

I'm obviously loving Wet n Wild because the highlighter I have been using non stop is the Mega Glow Highlighter in the shade Precious Petals. It's a stunning champagne gold and the formula is INCREDIBLE. It melts like butter and gives that radiance from within, rather than being a stripe on the face. For such an affordable highlighter, it works like a luxury product. I like to place this on my cheek bones, chin, nose, on the brow bone and above the brows. Applying highlighter above the brows really makes a difference and ties everything together. 

I have FINALLY learnt to apply lashes. It was a 2019 goal of mine, which I unfortunately didn't achieve but I was so determined to learn that I put it on my 2020 vision board. Three months into the year, I finally learnt. I have also learnt that my eyes are abnormally small, so regular lashes look awful on me. I use the Ardell Baby Demi Wispies and they are perfect for my eyes. They don't need trimming of course and they fit my eye shape perfectly. I have hooded eyes and they don't look overbearing. To stick them on, I use the Kiss Lash Glue. I used to use Duo but they made my eyes sting and after hearing my favourite beauty guru JuicyJas rave about Kiss for years, I got my hands on it. The applicator makes it so easy and I love it!

If I'm not feeling lashes, I use Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara. This has been my favourite for years. 

The lips change ALL the time because that's where I love variety. It depends on how I'm feeling that day but the products I tend to use the most are LA Girl lip liner in the shade Spice with either just a lipgloss over top or both gloss and lipstick. In terms of lipsticks, I tend to gravitate to Revolution x Soph in the shade Syrup or NYX Liquid Suede in the shade Sandstorm. For gloss I either use Fenty Gloss Bomb in the shade Fenty Glow or Fu$$y. I have other glosses but the Fenty ones are my absolute favourite. 

To finish off the makeup, I set it in place with the Morphe Continuous Setting Mist. I do this step mainly to make sure my makeup isn't powdery. With being at home, longevity isn't something I care too much about, although this setting spray is great for that too. 

So this is my current makeup routine. I hope you enjoyed reading. These products are amazing and I definitely recommend them. Let me know in the comments, what products you are enjoying currently.

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day x

No comments

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)