chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

March Round-Up 2020


The third round-up of the year and NOBODY could of predicted what is happening right now. I hope you are all healthy and staying safe at home. Despite the chaos that has happened for a good chunk of March, lots of exciting things still happened and as usual I wanted to share my month with you all.


D A N C E   C O M P E T I T I O N S

I had so much fun at my second competition season whilst at university. We competed at Lincoln Dance Competition on March 8th and Loughborough Dance Competition on March 15th. It was one of my biggest highlights of second year. We worked so hard and it was incredible to finally showcase everything. I was so proud of my team and coming second at Lincoln, as well as award for best choreography was the cherry on top. I already miss the A-Team so much. It's sad that our time together was cut short due to COVID-19, but I wouldn't change any of the experiences we had for the world.

C H A R I T Y    N E T B A L L

Rochelle doing sports? Yup. The Netball team at uni held a charity netball game to raise money and awareness for period poverty. The campaign 'Ovary-reacting' was held by Netball and the student union. They did such a fab job and although I embarrassed myself playing Netball, it was great fun. I literally learnt the rules the night before, so that should tell you how sick I was at it haha.

S P A   D A Y

Believe it or not, before this month I had never been to a spa before. One of my goals for March was to experience something new and not only was it a great way to tick that goal off my list, but it was fab for my aches and pains after comp season ended. We had been rehearsing everyday for 3 weeks, so as you can imagine, my body had a few aches and pains. Going to the spa with my bestie was a fun experience and I discovered my love for a good massage. I had knots I didn't even know I had! It was so relaxing that I almost fell asleep. Once life is back to normal, I definitely want to go back at some point.

S E L F    I S O L A T I O N

SO.....the big event of the month.....NOTHING. Quite literally. Being stuck in self isolation/quarantine/social distancing/lockdown, whatever you want to call it (way too many names), has been interesting to say the least. I already knew I was far from a homebody, but it has definitely taught me how much I love being out and about. I can't wait for life to revert back to normal. My friends don't even need to ask me if I want to go anywhere, I'm already there! We have had to do all our uni work online and it has been a struggle. I don't work very well at home and people even know me for always being in the library. Never thought I'd say this, but I REALLY miss campus. I miss the library, the student union, seeing familiar faces etc.

So this was a round-up of March. The last half of my month was supposed to be a lot more jam packed and fun, but with the current situation, all the events were cancelled. At first I was super disappointed but I understand that it was the best thing to do, especially now that we are seeing how badly it has escalated. Please stay at home and be safe! If everyone obeys the guidelines, life can get back to normal quicker.

Let me know in the comments what you got up to before lockdown. I would love to hear!

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day x

2 comments

  1. What a great start to the month! It's great you got to enjoy a spa before lockdown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm so glad! I started self isolating literally the day after so I was really lucky

      Delete

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)