chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

Words That Would Make Good Baby Names


So, this post is going to be super random and different. I was just thinking to myself one night, trying to fall asleep and I ended up thinking of random words that would make good baby names, if they didn't have the meanings or connotations that they do. I thought it could make a great blog post, so I put up a poll asking if people would want to read a post like this. Pretty much everyone who voted said yes, so here we are. ENJOY!

Malaria (Girl)

Actual meaning: an intermittent and remittent fever caused by a protozoan parasite which invades the red blood cells and is transmitted by mosquitoes in many tropical and subtropical regions.

Why I like it: It sounds pretty! The meaning obviously makes it a big no, but I can just see a cute little girl running around the garden and hearing 'Malaria, time for dinner'.

Delirious (Boy)

Actual meaning: in an acutely disturbed state of mind characterized by restlessness, illusions, and incoherence; affected by delirium.

Why I like it: To me it just sounds urban and different. I like names that are unique, but obviously with a negative meaning like that, I'm not about to name my child delirious.

Utility (Girl)

Actual meaning: the state of being useful, profitable, or beneficial
an organization supplying the community with electricity, gas, water, or sewerage.

Why I like it: Any words ending with 'ity' sounds cute in my opinion. This meaning isn't negative, but because of the meaning, it would be a bad idea. 

Flare (Girl)

Actual meaning: a sudden brief burst of bright flame or light.

Why I like it: You've heard of Fleur but what about Flare? For real though, it's cute right? To be honest the meaning is pretty positive, so maybe I could get away with it....

Era (Boy)

Actual meaning: a long and distinct period of history.

Why I like it: I don't have much explanation for this one, it's just phonetically pleasing. 

Fuchsia (Girl)

Actual meaning: a vivid purplish-red colour like that of the sepals of a typical fuchsia flower.

Why I like it: Similar to delirious, to me it sounds urban and unique. 

Messiah (Boy)

Actual meaning: a leader regarded as the saviour of a particular country, group, or cause.

Why I like it: Words with 'iah' at the end are just nice. Fun fact, one of the baby names I have picked for my future child ends with 'iah'. Definitely not messiah though, I'm not trying to get a telling off by Jesus at heaven's gates. 

Jonquil (Boy)

Actual meaning: a widely cultivated narcissus with clusters of small fragrant yellow flowers and cylindrical leaves, native to southern Europe and north-eastern Africa.

Why I like it: I don't even know how to explain this one. It just sounds pretty. Plus the nickname could be Jon. 

I have LOADS more I could mention, so if you want me to do a part 2, I will definitely do that. I hope you enjoyed getting into my mind for a bit LOL. 

What ordinary English words can you think of for a cute baby name? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day x


4 comments

  1. Fuchsia makes such a lovely name for a girl! I really like the name Modesty for a girl :)

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)