chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

May Round-Up 2020


Another month that has come and gone so quickly. It's so crazy that we are now heading to the middle of the year. Definitely didn't expect to be in a pandemic 6 months into the year. Life really is unpredictable. Anyway, I thought I would share what went down in May. Let's get straight into it.
O N L I N E   E X A M

I only had one exam this term and because of the virus we had to do it online. Honestly I was so nervous for this exam because sociolinguistics was definitely my weakest module this year, however I actually passed! YAY. I was so happy with my exam grade, considering I barely studied for it. oops.

F I N I S H E D   S E C O N D    Y E A R

Hooray the year is over! Bittersweet because I didn't get to celebrate with my course-mates like we did last year, and of course with the whole losing out on half the year thing....not upset at all.....
Anyway, this year has been great but overwhelming, so a long break has been well needed. I obviously wish I could have the summer I planned, but either way I'm just grateful to have ended another academic year. I've worked my butt off this year and hopefully it pays off. I'll find out in July. I can't believe I'll be going into my final year of university already! So crazy.

D I D  M U M ' S   M A K E U P

Whenever my mum goes to a work event like a gala dinner, she asks me to do her makeup. The only problem is that she never gives me enough time to really glam her up. I pretty much get given a 10 minute time slot and told to make her look like a celebrity. With so much time in this lock-down, after some convincing she let me do a full beat on her, with my own timing and control. She has never wore a full face of makeup before, so I was so excited. She was really skeptical at first, after it had been 10 minutes and all I had done was her eyebrows, but after about 45 minutes, she was done and beautiful as ever. She LOVED it and was even upset to take it off at the end of the day. My mum is a very confident woman already but I saw a side to her I've not seen before, which made me really happy.

S T A R T E D   N E W    P R O J E C T

At the start of this lock-down, I created a little quarantine bucket list to keep me busy. One of the things was to start some sort of project or transformation. This month I've been taking the time to do exactly that and I've been having so much fun. It has ended up costing me way too much money but it will all be worth it in the end.

T A U G H T    I N S T A    L I V E    D A N C E    C L A S S

I taught a fun dance class on Instagram. It was my last class as Hip-Hop vice-captain and of course it had to be cheesy Disney. The routine was to The Cheetah Girls 2 song 'The party's just begun'. I had a blast choreographing it and wanted to boost morale during the exam period and of course lockdown life. I may do my own little classes on my personal Instagram this summer because I'll definitely miss teaching.

 T I K  T O K   W E N T   V I R A L

OK, success and the idea of going 'viral' is relative so I use that term very loosely. I was online shopping and noticed something a little odd. My natural instinct as someone who is obsessed with Tik Tok currently, was to make a video about it. I expected to get a maximum of like 1000 views based on my previous videos but for some reason this one took off VERY quickly and it sits at 508,000 views as I write this. I'm kind of mind blown. The video hit 10k within about 15 minutes and as you can imagine I was shocked. By the time I went to bed it was at 250,000. I still don't understand why it blew up but I'll take it. That whole day was a bit wild honestly, and that was just the icing on the cake.

Here is the video if you want to add anther view haha: https://vm.tiktok.com/w7Yk1f/

What did you get up to in May? Let me know in the comments. 

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day x

No comments

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)