chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

Testing Pinterest DIYs: Melted Crayon Art






I'm a huge fan of Pinterest and I've wanted to try some of the DIYs for a very long time, so I finally decided to go out and buy some supplies to make one. One of the main crafts that I've wanted to do is a melted crayon art canvas. Today I did just that! I went to Poundland and I bought a small canvas and some wax crayons.

I'm going to take you through what I did to get finished product!

The first thing that I did was collect all the equipment that I needed. This included, some newspaper, a glue gun, a hair dryer, a canvas and some wax crayons. The newspaper was to cover the surface and floor, so that my mother didn't throw me out the house for making a huge mess.


After I made sure I had everything I needed, I took the canvas out of the packaging and took out the crayons from the little pouch it came in.



I laid out the crayons over the top, in the order that I desired. I chose to use the more bright colours and left the dull colours to the side.





When I was happy with the look of it, I used my hot glue gun to stick the crayons to the top of the canvas. At first it was difficult as I wasn't applying pressure so that it would stick, so I recommend that you hold onto the crayon once it is placed back down. Eventually they will all stick down and be secure.


I made sure to put newspaper all on the floor and surface, before I turned on the hair dryer. I stood it up against a stack of clothes baskets and started to apply the heat to the crayons. It took a little while, until eventually splats of wax flew around and dripped down the canvas. I carried on, going in different angles, until I was content with it.
I let the wax completely dry for about 20 minutes and I was done!




It was so much fun to do and actually very easy. I definitely recommend trying it out.

Thanks for reading!

Have a good day x


No comments

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)