chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

Seventeen Skin Wow Highlighter Primer (Day 5)


I was looking for a good alternative to MAC strobe cream on the boots website as the makeup look that I planned to do for prom was very glowy and radiant. I heard that MAC strobe cream was really good but it had ingredients that my skin could have potentially reacted to so I decided to find an alternative. I was intrigued when I saw Seventeen's version on the boots website and decided to get it when I went into town the next day. I've been testing it out for a couple of weeks now so I thought I would write a review. 

This is a 3 way highlighter. It can be used as a primer, it can be mixed in with foundation or it can be used as a regular liquid highlighter for your cheek bones. I have mainly been using it as a primer as I am yet to find my go to primer. 

In my opinion, the packaging is pretty nice. It is made out of plastic but you would expect that for a product that cost £5.99. The bottle has a pump which is always handy and I really like the colours used. You get 30ml of product which is basically the same amount as a standard foundation. The colour itself is a pink champagne shade. It is more so champagne but it does have a pink under tone, therefore I do not recommend it to anyone who has a darker skin tone. 




This product is obviously very affordable compared to MAC strobe cream. I would definitely say it was a good buy. It is very convenient to travel with as it isn't too bulky and the packaging is sturdy. I went on holiday with it no problem. I've been enjoying using this product. 

Colour in bottle without the flashlight on

Colour in bottle with the flashlight on




With this product you don't need a lot to cover your full face. I use two small pumps to prime my entire face before applying foundation. It isn't a thick consistency but it also isn't runny.

One pump of the product with the flashlight on

One pump of the product without the flashlight on


I would say that it is very easy to blend. It is extremely creamy and glides on really well. I found that one pump was enough to cover my entire hand, however it dries very tacky and sticky on my skin for a little while.
Slightly blended without flashlight on

Slightly blended with flashlight on


It does look slightly glittery on camera with the flashlight on but in person it is very subtle. It doesn't make you look like a disco ball and it doesn't make me look greasy. People with oily skin may not agree with this product as it is very shiny, however I do have combination skin so I am fine with this product.
Fully blended with flashlight on


Without the flashlight on camera the radiance can look extremely subtle  but the product is build able so you can keep adding more until it is as intense as you desire.
Fully blended without flashlight on
Overall, I am happy with this product. I would give it a 7/10 as I do find that it is a little sticky when first applied, but it isn't really a problem once I've applied the rest of my makeup. I would suggest putting normal powder highlight over the top if you choose to use it as a liquid highlighter, to avoid it feeling sticky.

Here is the link if you would like to purchase this product:
http://www.boots.com/en/SEVENTEEN-Skin-Wow-Primer_1377987/

Thanks for reading!

No comments

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)