chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

Day 15: An Open Letter to Jesus

Hey its me, your daughter, but of course you know that.

What does one say to a being she adores so much? For as long as I can remember, I have always grown up in a christian home. I've been taught to worship you, thank you and look to you for guidance, but it's only been now, this year, that I have developed my own relationship with you.

People may be making faces at their screens right now, thinking I'm absolutely insane to believe that God exists. I get questioned all the time about my faith and asked why I believe in you. I get asked for "proof" that you exist pretty much everyday. Its really tough being one of the only Christians in my friendship group because nobody actually understands. People can read this and make up their mind up about me, both positive and negatives but it will never change the fact that I love everything about my religion.

This year I have really practiced my faith more than ever and I've had so many blessings in return. 2015 was the worst year for me and I was determined to make 2016 my year. I knew I wanted to strengthen my faith and I did. As a result, so many blessings have came my way and I can not thank you enough.


Another birthday is approaching for you. Its so amazing that there is an entire day for the world to celebrate your birth. Whether people believe in you or not, they should know that Christmas would never have existed if it wasn't for you.

I remember when I was an infant, I used to make a birthday card for you at school and every Christmas I would leave it by the window for you to see (how cute!) . Memories like that always make me smile because even then I adored you.


Thank you for protecting me all of my life. You have done so much for me and I won't ever be able to do as much for you as you do for me. I try as hard as possible to keep you in mind during everything I do.

This year I have really learnt to love myself. I realise that society's idea of beautiful is nothing compared to what you see. From the moment you created us, you saw us as perfect beings. We were created with so much care, consideration and love. Everyone is perfect in your eyes. I shouldn't ever see myself as anything but beautiful because that is how you created me. I should never question your work. I feel that by having this mentality, I have become so much more confident in myself.

Thank you for coming down to earth and making the world a better place, doing miracles and being the light of the world. I can't wait to meet you one day! The world's greatest hero.I will continue to love and appreciate you, all the days of my life.

Thank you for everything!

Lots of love, Rochelle x

No comments

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)