chellebelle2016. Powered by Blogger.

Day 6: The Christmas Tag

Welcome to Day 6! Today I'm doing the Christmas Tag. I wanted to do this as I loved the questions and I've kind of been struggling to get into the Christmas spirit that I usually have, so hopefully by doing this tag, I'll feel more festive in some. There are so many different versions of this tag so I may do the other versions as bonus posts along with other days.

1. What is your favourite Christmas Film?

My absolute favourite Christmas film is Deck the Halls with Danny DeVito and Matthew Broderick. It's the most hilarious Christmas movie and it has become a tradition for my family and I to watch it together. We laugh just as much now as when we first watched it. If you've never seen the film, I 100% recommend it to you all.

2. Have you ever had a white Christmas? 

I think we had one in the UK years ago when I was in primary school. It wasn't one of those "Christmas Miracles" when it started snowing just on the day, I believe it had been snowing the whole week, so it wasn't much of a surprise to see the snow when I woke up. I would love to go to sleep with the weather fine and then wake up to snow. I'm not really a snow fan but if it makes Christmas that little bit more festive, I'm all for it.

3. Where do you usually spend your Christmas holidays?

Every single year, since I was born we have always traveled to my great grandmother's house for Christmas. The family meet up at her house and that is where we spend the day.

4. What is your favourite Christmas song?

I feel like it's impossible to choose one Christmas song that is my favourite. I have so many favourites. I wrote a post about all of them for my Day 5 post so go check that out if you haven't already.

5. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve?

I never open presents on Christmas Eve. I would feel guilty doing that. It's only one extra day of waiting, so I don't see much point. I do however open my cards before Christmas, but doesn't everyone?

6. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer by heart?

Prancer, Ruldoph, Vixen, Comet, Donner, Dancer, Cupid, Blitzen and Dasher? Is that all of them?

7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to the most?

Every year on Christmas eve, my brothers and I make loads of Christmas snacks and Treats (we usually find new ones from Pinterest and YouTube) and we eat them whilst watching Christmas movies late at night. I love it. I look forward to it every year. We decorate the room with Christmas lights and make the room dark so they twinkle. It's so much fun.

8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?

We actually haven't had a Christmas Tree since I was a toddler. Probably like 15 years now.

9. What is your all time favorite holiday food/sweet treat?

Food- I love a full Christmas dinner. It exceeds my expectations every year and never fails. My family are Jamaican so we tend to do lots of Caribbean food as well as the traditional, like the Turkey.

Sweet treat- I love my family's traditional Christmas popcorn bowl. It consists of sweet and salted popcorn, melted chocolate, crushed candy cane bits, M&Ms and mini marshmallows. It's so good.

10. Be honest: Do you prefer giving or receiving presents?

Most definitely giving. I think giving presents is one of the best parts of Christmas. I find that Christmas is the best time to show appreciation to others. We already get so much throughout the year, so giving is a refreshing change.

11. What is the best Christmas gift you have received?

I would probably say my little netbook that I got in 2012. My parents bought it me for secondary school, in year 7 and it was a complete surprise. I didn't ask for a laptop or netbook so when I opened it, I found it so exciting and it was a real shock.

12. What would be your dream place to visit in the holiday season?

I would LOVE to go to Paris in the Christmas holidays as I feel like it would be really festive. I can see it being lit up and joyful down the streets. I would also love to go to Disney Land during the Christmas holidays. It would be so amazing. Plus, I have a feeling France is still pretty cold during the winter so the weather wouldn't take away the festive vibes.

13. Are you a pro-present wrapper or do you fail miserably? 

I'm a pro at wrapping gifts. The most fun part is packaging the presents that I buy because I have a really creative. I love making packaging look really appealing. Wrapping presents is such a guilty pleasure of mine.

14. Most memorable holiday moment?

My favourite memory was waking up one morning really early (It was literally still dark) and running down stairs with my little brothers in our pajamas and shacking the presents and gathering all of our presents from the massive pile to make individual piles in the living room. We used to literally shake and knock the presents as if we would know what it was! Like *shake* " definitely that Bratz doll I wanted"

15. What made you realise the truth about Santa?

Well I actually never had the opportunity to believe because my mum straight up told me from a really young age. I probably knew before I even started primary school, haha thanks Mum.

16. Do you make new years resolutions? Do you stick to them?

I make goals for every single year. I sometimes write them down in a journal of some sort and other times its more so a goal to myself. I have actually kept and reached most of them that I had for this year which I'm really proud of. I haven't kept them all but I feel like its rare for anybody to keep them all.

17. What makes Christmas special to you?

To me, Christmas is about celebrating the life of Jesus and spending time with my loved ones. I feel that Christmas is anywhere your family and friends are. If you took away all the presents and exciting parts of Christmas, I would still celebrate it, simply because of my faith in Christ.

So those were the questions, I hope that you enjoyed it. I tag anybody who wants to do this tag to take part.

Thanks for reading,

Have a great day x

No comments

I love hearing from you guys so feel free to comment. Even if it's just to say hi ;)